Page 24 of 76 FirstFirst ... 141718192021222324252627282930313474 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign Here to Give Mo Salah Whatever the f#*k

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    I doubt Coutinho will figure in Salahs decisions.
    I see it differently. I think it’s one of the main things he will be considering. If by Coutinho we mean things going downhill when you go to a bigger club.(from LFC)

He is currently at the top of his game, seen as the best of the best and he’s done that at LFC. He is playing in arguably the best team in world football, and it’s set up to maximise his ability. He can look at any of the five or so bigger clubs and wonder if things will improve or if there’s a possible problem there - managerial change, rebuild, style of play.

He’s got only a few good seasons left in him and this LFC team is peaking, with the manager stable.

After that I’d guess he has money to consider and then worldwide fame and prestige. His fame in the Arab world might increase at Real Madrid but it might not
    Last edited by Taksin; 9th December 2021 at 09:20 AM.

I think the issue here and quite rightly is how the players preceive the owners. A player like Salah should be one of the highest paid players in the country if not the world..No one can deny him that.
    Salah and other main stars at the club want to see big names arriving. Again this is down to the onwers. we will see their real intention soon..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Dear Taksin.

https://www.football365.com/news/coutinho-i-left-liverpool-to-win-trophies-as-many-as-i-can

Speaking in 2018..

“Everyone knows that I wanted to come to Barcelona,” Coutinho told 8tv’s ‘Fora de Joc’.
    “It wasn’t possible in the summer, but we worked so that it could be done in winter.
    “I really want to win big titles, it was one of the reasons that made me sign for the club.
    “I want to win as many as I can, I don’t have preferences.”

Titles won since this article = 9

1x European Champion
    2x Spanish Champion
    1x German Champion
    3x Spanish Cup winner
    1x German Cup winner
    1x Copa America winner

In 3 years

So, to conclude and despite his dreadful run of form and his host of injuries (being a “bit player”)- not really that cautionary a tale. Certainly not one to take off the bookshelf when asking Salah not to go looking to win more of the big prizes.

Sometimes we just have to accept that the facts get in the way of what we say

So why do you think his career went do the toilet?

You can show me those trophies as many times as you like. They are irrelevant

They are ONLY irrelevant to you mate. They won't be to Mo and would be the first thing he would say back to the club were someone to cite Coutinho as a "cautionary tale". Nobody can account for injuries or loss of form. This is where you seem confused.

Coutinho has had dreadful luck on that front (that could easily have happened here too - maybe his body is done?), landing at a club transitioning from being top dogs in the market to losing their best players to wealthier rivals like PSG. He landed at a club that tried to turn him into a player he is not. A club that expected him to be the next Iniesta.. How daft was that BTW?

He has been decidedly average at Barca over the period and even at Bayern where he was decent, but ultimately not deemed worth the huge salary or sizable fee. So, from a purely footballing perspective - compared to where he was in the Summer of 2018 his playing career has literally gone down the toilet, nobody is arguing with that clear and obvious reality. BUT despite such a demise to his career, he has still got 9 extra medals to show for it. Hence HE is not the best example to put the way of Mo.

I suggest those medals are a big deal for any player asking if his current club can match his ambition.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I think the issue here and quite rightly is how the players preceive the owners. A player like Salah should be one of the highest paid players in the country if not the world..No one can deny him that.
    Salah and other main stars at the club want to see big names arriving. Again this is down to the onwers. we will see their real intention soon..
    Correct IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    I see it differently. I think it’s one of the main things he will be considering. If by Coutinho we mean things going downhill when you go to a bigger club.(from LFC)

He is currently at the top of his game, seen as the best of the best and he’s done that at LFC. He is playing in arguably the best team in world football, and it’s set up to maximise his ability. He can look at any of the five or so bigger clubs and wonder if things will improve or if there’s a possible problem there - managerial change, rebuild, style of play.

He’s got only a few good seasons left in him and this LFC team is peaking, with the manager stable.

After that I’d guess he has money to consider and then worldwide fame and prestige. His fame in the Arab world might increase at Real Madrid but it might not
    Well we are all entitled to our opinion on mind reading. Just opinions.

Financially as I see it, he's likely to add another 200 grand a week on top of any offer lfc make in wages. He'd also likely get a bigger signing on bonus too should he leave as a free agent. Say a mere 20 mill more of a signing on bonus.

Could a spiritual man decide, having already established himself as a global star, to earn around another 35 million after tax for his philanthropic work. I think so.

With regards football quality I think PSG and Real are probably best of the rest currently outside the Prem3 and Bayern.
    Looks like he'd be guaranteed a la liga title or even moreso ligue1

By my estimates you are looking at a fair few reasons to stay at LFC though guaranteed titles are less secure. Then you have the obvious draw of 200grand+ a week extra.

Bale iirc and these numbers are never too reliable, is on £600 grand a week at Real.
    Haaland is looking at 800 grand a week.
    Lfc is looking at 350grand a week for Mo. Several years after Bales last contract.
    Salahs current wage is equal to the wages Sterling signed up on at City in 2015, or what suarez was on for his final year.

These numbers would concern me with mo, though I'm hopeful he'll see out his career at LFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    So, from a purely footballing perspective - compared to where he was in the Summer of 2018 his playing career has literally gone down the toilet, nobody is arguing with that clear and obvious reality.
    except you

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    These numbers would concern me with mo, though I'm hopeful he'll see out his career at LFC.
    Yes they are the obvious concern. We aren't going to lose our heads and pay him like Bale - that seems to have been seen retrospectively as a mistake. You can only imagine how much they wish they hadn't given him so much. With the situation at Barcelona, we may be entering a new phase of more sustainable wages anyway. Things change. There was talk of Sterling taking less than before, although I may be wrong.

Anyway, a club can only pay what it thinks it can afford. I would hope and expect that to guide us in the decision making - paying him whatever the fuck he wants is clearly stupid. For one thing, you are trying to gauge what he might get elsewhere and, as we've seen at Barcelona, paying a lot now can lead to massive problems later.

On th positive side, even if we do offer less here than he would get elsewhere, which seems inevitable, there are many reasons for him to decide he is still better of staying here, even if they blow Steveo's paradigm apart.

My friend works at an estate agents in a rural area and was recently head hunted by a big flashy city firm moving into forestry. They offered her much more money and plenty of promotion options. Even though her firm was small, old fashioned, slightly dysfunctional and not able to meet the other offer, she stayed with them.

"I want to stay, but it's not in my hands. It's in their hands. I'm not asking for crazy stuff,"

"The thing is, when you ask for something and they show you they can give you something, [they should] because they appreciate what you did for the club.

"I've been here for my fifth year now. I know the club very well. I love the fans. The fans love me.

"But with the administration, they have [been] told the situation. It's in their hands."

Asked whether it was an ambition to be recognised as the best player in the world, Salah, who has scored 148 times for Liverpool, said: "If you asked me if this was a drive for me to be here? Yeah, of course.

"I can't really lie and say honestly I didn't think about it. I want to be the best player in the world. But I will have a good life even if I don't win [the Ballon d'Or]. My life is OK, everything is fine."
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!