Page 25 of 76 FirstFirst ... 151819202122232425262728293031323575 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign Here to Give Mo Salah Whatever the f#*k

all the owners see is the sell on price they could get for him. saves having to spend huge money on other players. Its not gonna work out is it? bit like Wijnaldum
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    "I want to stay, but it's not in my hands. It's in their hands. I'm not asking for crazy stuff,"

"The thing is, when you ask for something and they show you they can give you something, [they should] because they appreciate what you did for the club.

"I've been here for my fifth year now. I know the club very well. I love the fans. The fans love me.

"But with the administration, they have [been] told the situation. It's in their hands."

Asked whether it was an ambition to be recognised as the best player in the world, Salah, who has scored 148 times for Liverpool, said: "If you asked me if this was a drive for me to be here? Yeah, of course.

"I can't really lie and say honestly I didn't think about it. I want to be the best player in the world. But I will have a good life even if I don't win [the Ballon d'Or]. My life is OK, everything is fine."
    We’re going to fuck this up aren’t we.

Buy to let football club, what do you think.

Enjoy Klopp… the end

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    American businessmen, all they are interested in is money.

I wouldn't say I'm "relaxed" about this, but I'm not hitting my internal Panic Button until there's only 12-14 months left on his deal.

If they were desperate to sell I think they'd have put all the feelers of the day out to rival clubs with a view to selling when there were two years left, as he'd likely command a higher fee.

Milner's apparent £150k-per-week would free up a decent wedge to top up Salah's contract. It might be that we have to move another player on (perhaps one of Ox or Keita?) to tick the appropriate boxes for the "Suits".

One thing I'd love to know is the extent of our bonuses offered for trophies won. It's no secret that we have incentivised contracts. Perhaps (not that I like this) our winning the League and the Champion's League within a short timeframe wasn't something the hierarchy had banked on when they took us on? Who knows.

That may be something we need to look at - a higher base wage average, but lower incentives.

Frustrating, certainly, given how Can and Wijnaldum went for free. Still - we won't have forever to wait to find out.

Half expect an announcement (if agreed) in the run-up to a Champion's League quarter-final or something.

We'll see.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Isnt this just exactly the same as what he said a few months ago ?

Oh yeah of course he is on international duty so that is always good for this.

I guess the question is it depends what Mo thinks isnt crazy money.

He might think he is worth say £500k a week which he would get elsewhere (PSG) but it depends what our top end wage limit is.

Take less here and be a legend ? Or earn more and perhaps win more elsewhere ?

wonder has he asked for 1st team improvement and its not all about his own salary. he maybe thinks with better support and more silverware he will grt that ballon d'or but that gives off a whiff of selfishness tbh. AlthoughTorres allegedly called the clubs bluff on broken promises to improve the first eleven and didnt extend his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Allowing it to drag on this long, for the best player in the world…we’ve already fucked it up Eggy

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I guess the question is it depends what Mo thinks isnt crazy money.

He might think he is worth say £500k a week which he would get elsewhere (PSG) but it depends what our top end wage limit is.

Take less here and be a legend ? Or earn more and perhaps win more elsewhere ?
    I think he'll get offered somewhere between £350k and £400k per week.

If he takes that, great - would love to keep him here.

On the flip side (and this is a general thing, not aimed at Salah) I don't want us ending up with too many that are over-30 and on big wages due to the ripple effect of accommodating a star player - Barca spent years bending over for Messi and now they don't have him, but are stuck with Pique etc who are over-paid whilst being in decline.

I wouldn't offer any player £500k per week to play for us, for the foreseeable. £400k per week might be worth it for Salah mind.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

They’ve backed themselves into a corner, they now can’t sell him til there is only 12 months left on his contract so he would fetch only a fraction of his real value.
    They simply have to accede to his requests and get it done, they cannot let their most valuable asset leave for a fraction of his real value.