Page 26 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1619202122232425262728293031323336 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign Here to Give Mo Salah Whatever the f#*k

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    "I want to stay, but it's not in my hands. It's in their hands. I'm not asking for crazy stuff,"

"The thing is, when you ask for something and they show you they can give you something, [they should] because they appreciate what you did for the club.

"I've been here for my fifth year now. I know the club very well. I love the fans. The fans love me.

"But with the administration, they have [been] told the situation. It's in their hands."

Asked whether it was an ambition to be recognised as the best player in the world, Salah, who has scored 148 times for Liverpool, said: "If you asked me if this was a drive for me to be here? Yeah, of course.

"I can't really lie and say honestly I didn't think about it. I want to be the best player in the world. But I will have a good life even if I don't win [the Ballon d'Or]. My life is OK, everything is fine."
    It's a funny set of statements. Reads like he's going to leave and setting the table before getting his affairs in order.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I think he'll get offered somewhere between £350k and £400k per week.

If he takes that, great - would love to keep him here.

On the flip side (and this is a general thing, not aimed at Salah) I don't want us ending up with too many that are over-30 and on big wages due to the ripple effect of accommodating a star player - Barca spent years bending over for Messi and now they don't have him, but are stuck with Pique etc who are over-paid whilst being in decline.

I wouldn't offer any player £500k per week to play for us, for the foreseeable. £400k per week might be worth it for Salah mind.
    I'd speculate that 350-400 kpw is probably the lowest wage we could possibly get him to sign up for.
    Reading his statements I'd guess he's looking for significantly more than that in wages.

He could win a balloon door at Real more easily and I'm sure psg would be making serious offers with their mbappe contract situation.
    The very top attackers could be looking at around 800kpw at psg.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Isnt this just exactly the same as what he said a few months ago ?

Oh yeah of course he is on international duty so that is always good for this.

I guess the question is it depends what Mo thinks isnt crazy money.

He might think he is worth say £500k a week which he would get elsewhere (PSG) but it depends what our top end wage limit is.

Take less here and be a legend ? Or earn more and perhaps win more elsewhere ?
    Hes already a lfc legend. One of our best attackers and goalscorers whose won a first PL and WCC at the club whilst adding no6.

Reads like Ginis situation where the problems were all down to the fans and owners.
    Seems to be all about what they've done for the club and little in the way of what the club has done for them.
    It's good framing for a potential exit on his part.

Be good if Jurgen could sign a contract extension

WCC chuckle and football didn’t start with sky TV and the the premier league.

The title is the title just as a European Cup is a European Cup.

Hopefully Mo simply stays because he loves the place..

As for Jurgen - I fear he has his mind made up.

Not easy fighting for the top prizes with such a weak budget. Imagine what it has taken out of him.
    Last edited by Steveo; 11th January 2022 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

Hopefully he simply stays because he loves the place..
    Oh no, my expression crime, quick call the police

It's all about meeting his wage and contract length demands. Be interesting to see how little we can sign him up for and how much psg or whoever pays him.
    I'm sure the club will try and use Klopp, the fans and on field success to barter him down.

If we sign him up for less than 400kpw I'd be stunned and apologise for questioning his loyalty to lfc.

I wish some of our lads were as staunch as Raheem Sterling. He signed an extension at a high point for less money than when he joined from lfc because he really loves man City, their fans and owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

Hopefully Mo simply stays because he loves the place..

As for Jurgen - I fear he has his mind made up.

Not easy fighting for the top prizes with such a weak budget. Imagine what it has taken out of him.
    On the edits.

2024 sees the CL expand and Klopp has been strongly against any expansion. So that is a stumbling block. Big clubs need bigger squad and he seems to prefer to get everything he can out of a smaller first team group.
    Will be a real pity if he leaves and the squad hasn't been rejuvenated for the incumbent.

Seems to be doing fine. After all he's said his life is fine and ok.
    Just seems to be about the administration meeting his needs/contract demands.

His management style is extremely intensive. Like his players he rinses it. Perhaps a nod to why so few of his ex players wanted to come and join up with him.

He works hard and expects the same from the players.

I bet his wife will have a say. Thank god she stopped him going to United eh.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    They’ve backed themselves into a corner, they now can’t sell him til there is only 12 months left on his contract so he would fetch only a fraction of his real value.
    They simply have to accede to his requests and get it done, they cannot let their most valuable asset leave for a fraction of his real value.
    They were probably going to sell him or seriously consider it until he produced such a brilliant start to this season. Suppose it’s not as cut and dry as just giving him a shit tonne of money. But I don’t have any faith we can replace him is the problem. This moment in time has a fairly strong smell of the end of a good era to me.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Hes already a lfc legend. One of our best attackers and goalscorers whose won a first PL and WCC at the club whilst adding no6.

Reads like Ginis situation where the problems were all down to the fans and owners.
    Seems to be all about what they've done for the club and little in the way of what the club has done for them.
    It's good framing for a potential exit on his part.
    Yeah he is going to go down as a great player but if he stays another 3-4 years he will have scored close to 250 goals and that defo puts him in legend status.

Obviously you cant replace him like for like and I said a few months back he is pinning all this on the club.

As I said it depends what he is asking for...its no good looking at Madrid Barca PSG City Utd player wages as we dont operate in that world.

Still if he goes its not going to end our club we fight on.