Page 27 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1720212223242526272829303132333437 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign Here to Give Mo Salah Whatever the f#*k

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    His management style is extremely intensive. Like his players he rinses it. Perhaps a nod to why so few of his ex players wanted to come and join up with him.

He works hard and expects the same from the players.

I bet his wife will have a say. Thank god she stopped him going to United eh.
    He's said he didn't want to sign former players as he finds it more appealing to work with new players and improve their game.
    Most of his former players I suspect would have joined him. Though Lewa seems rather happy at Bayern.

Lots of things at play, covid and family deaths, expanded CL, winter World Cup in Qatar, annoying media and of course the wife and family have their input.
    Like Salah he has a legendary status already but it would be nice to him build a second side here. He didn't quiet manage it at dortmund and probably irked him a little.

Salah has gone from a good player to one arguably deserving 2 balloon doors under Klopps management.

If klopp is looking at the longer term we have a core group in the ageing bracket.
    VVD, Matip, Hendo, Thiago, Mane, Bobby and Salah. Gini gone and Milner going.

Gini now 31 is set on 300kpw for 4 years at psg. Salah by the market could be looking at 800kpw, pogba is offered 500kpw at United and top attackers at pag are looking at 30-35 million after tax in wages for football.
    Messis last contract at barca was 555 million over 4 years when you added in image rights and other payments. A little over 120 mill a year.

Longer term the planning has to consider what wages you want to be paying as most of this group reach their mid thirties.
    It's important we don't end up with a lot of ageing players on massive wages when biology says they will likely be past their peak.

If I was Klopp and I backed my ability to improve players as he's done, I'd be talking with the owners about the finances and wiggle room.

People are saying that it's (partially?) down to the club i.e. owners showing ambition, or lack of, building a good quality squad around him.
    If FSG aren't prepared to build then what can we do?
    Saying that, who is available of a decent quality at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Yeah he is going to go down as a great player but if he stays another 3-4 years he will have scored close to 250 goals and that defo puts him in legend status.

Obviously you cant replace him like for like and I said a few months back he is pinning all this on the club.

As I said it depends what he is asking for...its no good looking at Madrid Barca PSG City Utd player wages as we dont operate in that world.

Still if he goes its not going to end our club we fight on.
    Listening to one of the taw podcasters and he already has him above Kenny.
    I think he'd have to stay here longer and probably win a few more trophies to match Kenny as a lfc legend of a player.

I don't think we can match PSG etc but they will be the clubs and offers he and his agent will be using in negotiations.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Listening to one of the taw podcasters and he already has him above Kenny.
    I think he'd have to stay here longer and probably win a few more trophies to match Kenny as a lfc legend of a player.

I don't think we can match PSG etc but they will be the clubs and offers he and his agent will be using in negotiations.
    Nobody is going above Kenny.

Player, manager and all the work he did for the families of Hillsborough.

Yeah I agree they are the wages they will use but he isnt getting £500k here.

Nobody is going above Kenny.

Player, manager and all the work he did for the families of Hillsborough.

Yeah I agree they are the wages they will use but he isnt getting £500k here.
    Said as a player as I didn't want to smear the taw lad, for me Kenny is no1 for reasons you've stated.
    Gerrard is no2 for me as he played for so long at lfc, when he could have moved elsewhere and endured starker years at the club compared with Salahs time at the club.

Said as a player as I didn't want to smear the taw lad, for me Kenny is no1 for reasons you've stated.
    Gerrard is no2 for me as he played for so long at lfc, when he could have moved elsewhere and endured starker years at the club compared with Salahs time at the club.
    I agree with that CCTV.

I agree with you too Legs.

I hope Klopp stays past 2024 and Salah signs an extension. But they will all move on in time.

Not a football scout myself, but I'd fancy Klopp to replace players even the irreplaceable ones like Salah.

I'd have ten hag as a post Klopp managerial candidate as I've been impressed with his ajax sides in Europe.

Hes already a lfc legend. One of our best attackers and goalscorers whose won a first PL and WCC at the club whilst adding no6.

Reads like Ginis situation where the problems were all down to the fans and owners.
    Seems to be all about what they've done for the club and little in the way of what the club has done for them.
    It's good framing for a potential exit on his part.
    Not sure you are right, Mo says the fans love him, Gini a bit the opposite if I recall. I hope it’s just posturing at the moment as I’d hate to lose him , but I would never wish the club to get in the situation of unreal inbalance of salaries , where players at 30 signed a mega deal for 3 years which set the bar for renewal of contracts for players age 25 who are our future. It is a real quandary and I just hope Mo and FSG are realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    WCC chuckle and football didn’t start with sky TV and the the premier league.

The title is the title just as a European Cup is a European Cup.

Hopefully Mo simply stays because he loves the place..

As for Jurgen - I fear he has his mind made up.

Not easy fighting for the top prizes with such a weak budget. Imagine what it has taken out of him.
    Not sure about Jurgen having his mind made up. I think He was on a sabbatical when he agreed to join us. Agree though that if FSG aren’t doing what they had promised then it would be unlikely for him to stay.. but he is a bit different ain’t he !

I agree with that CCTV.
    Agree wholeheartedly.