Page 28 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1821222324252627282930313233343538 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign Here to Give Mo Salah Whatever the f#*k

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    He could win a balloon door at Real more easily and I'm sure psg would be making serious offers with their mbappe contract situation.
    The very top attackers could be looking at around 800kpw at psg.
    PSG, Chelsea, Man City, Newcastle soon (?) can maybe do that, but £800k per week is absolutely enormous money for almost everyone else.

It's roughly £41 million per season - if we signed him up so he had 5 more years that's a £205 million commitment on one player and for all we know we get 3 good seasons rather than 5 - it would be madness.

Half that (£20m or so per season) I could see happening.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    PSG, Chelsea, Man City, Newcastle soon (?) can maybe do that, but £800k per week is absolutely enormous money for almost everyone else.

It's roughly £41 million per season - if we signed him up so he had 5 more years that's a £205 million commitment on one player and for all we know we get 3 good seasons rather than 5 - it would be madness.

Im sure what ever happens you'll find something to be positive about..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by huyrob View Post
    Not sure you are right, Mo says the fans love him, Gini a bit the opposite if I recall. I hope it’s just posturing at the moment as I’d hate to lose him , but I would never wish the club to get in the situation of unreal inbalance of salaries , where players at 30 signed a mega deal for 3 years which set the bar for renewal of contracts for players age 25 who are our future. It is a real quandary and I just hope Mo and FSG are realistic.
    Yeah that's true on the fans. I'd say my prejudice might be expecting the same to occur again as hid contract runs down. My bad Mo.

I find Ginis lack of love from the fans to be a bit sketchy and an issue after leaving.

With Salah it seems to be he feels the club aren't rewarding him in their offer. Much like gini I'd imagine.

But what does he feel is a reward for his services from the club ?

The club scooped him up from Roma where he had good goal and assist stats after being deemed a pl flop harshly and even on his return to the pl in some quarters.

Gven him Klopp as manager and the title successes he's enjoyed since. Did the club fail to deliver an adequate level of success from the time he signed up.
    Did he sign up expecting more titles, more CL qualification and latter stages games.
    Did the club promise him we'd have the best team and squad depth in Europe.

In my books he's now up there with Cleopatra & Tutankhamen in terms of famous Egyptians today due to his success. Over time he might not endure and get replaced by a Ramses.
    Is there a more famous Egyptian alive today?

He was also rewarded for his performances after his first season here with a bump in pay. The club has delivered new facilities over this time too which is exciting to see (although that's not really gonna matter in negotiations - that's longer term investment).

For me the Salah LFC relationship so far has been highly rewarding for both parties.
    He deserves his credit for doing it and the administration for facilitating it.

I do wonder what his demands are though.
    What's the number that makes him feel rewarded ?

It would be very interesting to know what the club has offered him and what his demands are.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post

We won't pay him 800kpw nevermind after tax.

Think you could add united and real to the list.

Messis last contract at barca was a total of 555 million with image rights etc included over 4 years.
    Bale leaves real this summer iirc and a 600kpw reported wage is cleared off their books.
    Could easily see them pay halaand 800kpw replacing bale if their finances are not funked. Halaand and Mbappe in for Ronaldo and Bale.
    United are offering pogba 500kpw.

he's asking £350k pw for 4yrs, same as what degea, auba, and a few of the city players are allegedly on. its a lot but maybe £5M more per yr than he is on now. FSG will prob have more issues with that deal as it tajes him to 34, but his game isnt all about pure speed and he's never injured so i'd take the gamble if i was FSG. But who knows what they wlll draw the line at??

Quote Originally Posted by sydenham red View Post
    he's asking £350k pw for 4yrs, same as what degea, auba, and a few of the city players are allegedly on. its a lot but maybe £5M more per yr than he is on now. FSG will prob have more issues with that deal as it tajes him to 34, but his game isnt all about pure speed and he's never injured so i'd take the gamble if i was FSG. But who knows what they wlll draw the line at??
    I'd snap their hands off for that offer. Forget about it being a long contract, if he's shit for the last 2 years of that time, we've got arguably the best player in the world for the next 2 years on a wage which is significantly under the going rate for an S tier striker.

If he does start turning to arse, sell him to Chelsea for £50m.
    You are essentially an oxygen thief.

Mo Salah is running out of ways to convince Liverpool to pay him what he wants.

Liverpool are not prepared to meet his salary demands.

[Sam Wallace - Telegraph]

Lol fuck fsg tbh had enough now
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

They wont pay if they deem it too much. They've got history with their Basball team of letting their stars go if wages become a problem.

Where do you draw the line? Do you give Salah what he wants, even if it is an exorbitant amount? How much is too much?

He is undoubtedly one of the top players in the world but I wouldnt be adverse to a (VVD + Allison > Coutinho) scenario.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

it just shows the complete lack of ambition and how tight they are

Salah is on another level, he could earn a lot more than what he's asking for at other clubs, for one of the best it's not really that much

We going to let him go for free like Wij and Origi? or a nice cut price because of contract? Great

It's fucking crazy, we're never gettign anywhere again with these fucking clowns

#FSGOUT
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.