Page 29 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1922232425262728293031323334353639 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign Here to Give Mo Salah Whatever the f#*k

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    They wont pay if they deem it too much. They've got history with their Basball team of letting their stars go if wages become a problem.

Where do you draw the line? Do you give Salah what he wants, even if it is an exorbitant amount? How much is too much?

He is undoubtedly one of the top players in the world but I wouldnt be adverse to a (VVD + Allison > Coutinho) scenario.

Really not sure about that last bit in particular.

Coutinho wasn’t close to being the best player in the world, we were offered silly money and we had 2 glaring holes in our back line to fill.

Also very likely that we only managed to get both Virgil and Alisson without a bidding war, because City were under FFP investigation (certainly when we bought Alisson and Fabinho) AND Chelsea’s owner was in exile plus facing UEFA sanction too.

I would look at the Suarez situation every bit as much when assessing what happens when selling your main man.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Mo Salah is running out of ways to convince Liverpool to pay him what he wants.

Liverpool are not prepared to meet his salary demands.

[Sam Wallace - Telegraph]

Lol fuck fsg tbh had enough now
    Damning stuff on paper. It'll look rather silly if Salah does eventually sign though.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Damning stuff on paper. It'll look rather silly if Salah does eventually sign though.
    We should find out soon.
    Give us an idea how much FSG "value" this club.

By time FSG are done, Gerrard won't want to come here but stay at villa instead, because they'll have more chance of getting somewhere

lol.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Really not sure about that last bit in particular.

Coutinho wasn’t close to being the best player in the world, we were offered silly money and we had 2 glaring holes in our back line to fill.

Also very likely that we only managed to get both Virgil and Alisson without a bidding war, because City were under FFP investigation (certainly when we bought Alisson and Fabinho) AND Chelsea’s owner was in exile plus facing UEFA sanction too.

I would look at the Suarez situation every bit as much when assessing what happens when selling your main man.
    Absolutely. It would be a massive gamble.

Though, I wouldn't just be caving into whatever Mo (or anyone else) is demanding. There has to be a line where it's too much.

If you're giving Mo £400k+, then I would expect VVD, Trent, Alisson and Mane knocking on Jurgen's door expecting a mahoosive payrise. We already have one of the highest wage bills in world football.

And just to be clear, like everyone else, I would like him to stay. Though, I personally dont think he is in the same bracket as a prime Messi or a prime Ronaldo and would take a 2014 Luis Suarez over him every day of the week.

My concern would be trusting FSG to reinvest all of the money.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

If Mane knocked on the door and asked for the same salary as Mo I'd think he was taking the piss. He's not in the same class.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    If Mane knocked on the door and asked for the same salary as Mo I'd think he was taking the piss. He's not in the same class.
    Is he half as good as Mo? That was the point I was getting at.

Most of our top players are on less than £200k. Do you think they'd all be chuffed to bits to see Mo on £400k?
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

I know we're not all FSG biggest fans but as sports fans they are bound to know how much Mo is worth to us. Replacing him would cost a lot more than the money he's apparently asking.

He’s not asking for anything like what he could earn elsewhere, particularly if he left on a free or even a reduced fee due to only one year left on his contract. I suppose we will now see just how ambitious our owners are.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Is he half as good as Mo? That was the point I was getting at.

Most of our top players are on less than £200k. Do you think they'd all be chuffed to bits to see Mo on £400k?
    On one of my many Mbappe spiels I always argued our top earners would be looking for big wages in their next talks.
    That Salah & Mane would be looking at that figure. Mane not on form right now.

Trents on 150kpw by reports so same argument can be made for Mo wanting more in wages. Hendo is on the same wages as trent.