Page 36 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2629303132333435363738394041424346 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign Here to Give Mo Salah Whatever the f#*k

Interesting that Mane who I have complained quite extensively has been far less supported to operate at his very best in the last 2 seasons, with far too much emphasis being put on our right side in my opinion, making us a bit unbalanced in a fair few games, far easier to counter against and more predictable, was AFCON player of the tournament comfortably ahead of Mo

Personally, I am of the opinion that 4 years at 400k actually isn't reasonable, it is a little too high, agents are the absolute epitome of money grabbing bastards while players are the epitome of ego maniacs who believe THEY are the sole reason the team is successful, I remember Lovren's "I took Liverpool to 2 Champions League finals" claim

Mo is an absolutely brilliant player for us with all the incredible abilities of so many other players geared very much to help Mo perform at his very best and our right side operate at it's very best, as brilliant as he has been for us, that is as much down to Jurgen and how he sets the team up to play to Mo's strengths more than any of our other players as it is down to Mo's brilliance, something AFCON should have reminded us all of, including Mo
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Glad we can give a year extension to milner on 140k a week

yet can't sort salah's contract

Such a farce.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post

Such a farce.
    Surprised Milners getting an extension

All part of the brilliance of the club.

Signed up Hendo and Milner but not Mo….?

#WhoneedsKlopp

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post

Such a farce.
    Not the same thing though is it.

I mean will Milner be on £140k I highly doubt it and he may not stay anyway.

End of the day Klopp sees him day in day out he will know best.

We all want Salah to stay but lets not pretend its the same contract to sort out it clearly isnt.

He isnt bigger than the club and he will need to weigh up money v happiness and correct structure for himself....he fits like a glove here but he might not at another club.

We'll prioritise player contracts no doubt.

Salah is needed more than Milner. If we are offering James an extension I would be gobsmacked if we financially are unable to afford something reasonable to Salah (I do think £400k a week is a bit much though) so I wouldn't read too much into Milner being offered an extension, personally.

There's still value in Milner. He is losing his legs and we aren't a Retirement Village, but if he is transitioned into a coaching role (and possibly is around with Klopp if he extends?) then we could be very pleased, as he is a consummate professional and his attitude, experience and character could run off onto some of our younger lads - he's a shining example of "this is what hard work can get you" and he is never embroiled in any Tabloid nonsense.

On a purely playing side of things however, I'd be hoping he wouldn't have too okay too long, too often. He can run forever - but not quickly. His "value" so-to-speak is likely his dressing room influence. It would be reassuring to hear he was being offered a reduced wage or a pay-as-you-play but we'll learn more in due course.

A useful League Cup and FA Cup option against certain sides should someone be missing due to injury and a very useful willing-to-take-a-yellow-for-the-team option in Champion's League clashes, which alone could be worth considerable money in a season. I think back to nobody being willing to take out Walcott when he dribbled most of the pitch to assist Adebayor in a Champion's League quarter-final and we could have lost that tie but for a dramatic close to the game.

So long as he is used appropriately and doesn't eat into too much of the match time of a developing player, I can see some positives, depending on how it pans out. Admittedly, my personal preference is always to bring younger lads through, but I don't think a one-year extension is lunacy either.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    All part of the brilliance of the club.

Signed up Hendo and Milner but not Mo….?

#WhoneedsKlopp
    Hendo has been a huge part of our success and I for one was delighted he signed again.

You dont captain us for as long as him if you are hopeless he has been an incredible captain for us.

Milner has yet to sign but again its on Klopp isnt it he spoke last week about how important players in their 30's are.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Not the same thing though is it.

I mean will Milner be on £140k I highly doubt it and he may not stay anyway.

End of the day Klopp sees him day in day out he will know best.

We all want Salah to stay but lets not pretend its the same contract to sort out it clearly isnt.

He isnt bigger than the club and he will need to weigh up money v happiness and correct structure for himself....he fits like a glove here but he might not at another club.
    Salah is much bigger than Milner.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Salah is much bigger than Milner.
    About same height, no ?!

Yeah clearly but my point is whose deal is easier to do.

It depends what Millie wants really if he stays he won’t play much he will need to weigh that up or do we like Sid says see him as a future part of coaching set up ?

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Hendo has been a huge part of our success and I for one was delighted he signed again.

You dont captain us for as long as him if you are hopeless he has been an incredible captain for us.

Milner has yet to sign but again its on Klopp isnt it he spoke last week about how important players in their 30's are.
    Not the point though is it. Hendo has done well for a good few seasons now but the signs have been there for well over a year that he has long since peaked. Salah is WAY more important and that is the contract to get sorted before the likes of Hendo.

We didn't need to sign up Hendo as we did - we could get caught with our pants down over Mo.