Page 37 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2730313233343536373839404142434447 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign Here to Give Mo Salah Whatever the f#*k

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    About same height, no ?!

Yeah clearly but my point is whose deal is easier to do.

It depends what Millie wants really if he stays he won’t play much he will need to weigh that up or do we like Sid says see him as a future part of coaching set up ?
    36 years old and a back up to the first team more than ever, and by reports on 150kpw when he signed for us.

In my mind it makes Salahs reported demands seem fairly reasonable. Much younger, plays more, better availability and produces vital goals and assists.

Sid sees everyone at the club as being part of the next managerial ticket
    I reckon we'll see Klopp extend and it would be unlikely that lindjers or milner will get the job when Klopp leaves.

Milner has great qualities and attitude, think he'll play elsewhere before any managerial/coaching ambitions materialise.

Gerrard is getting his experience in the PL and he'd need to be a top candidate on merit for the job. His CV is promising at the moment and he's in place at villa to show what he can do now.

In a post klopp era, we go for the best manager available.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    I reckon we'll see Klopp extend and it would be unlikely that lindjers or milner will get the job when Klopp leaves.
    Purely for the sake of clarity, when I say I see Milner coaching with us, I don't foresee him as ever being the Manager - part of a backroom staff though, certainly not beyond the realms of imagination.

Lijnders however, if Klopp leaves - I think he'll get a fair chance at the job (interview or whatever) or could do a year if Klopp says "happy to extend, but I need a year out" sort of thing.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Keeping Millie has absolutely no influence on whether Salah is offered a new contract. A completely different part of the playing salary budget and it has been intimated that he will be drafted in to a coaching role. Seen by Klopp as a very important member of the playing staff.
    I don’t see why there is an implication that if we haven’t agreed a deal with Salah, nothing else can be sorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Purely for the sake of clarity, when I say I see Milner coaching with us, I don't foresee him as ever being the Manager - part of a backroom staff though, certainly not beyond the realms of imagination.

Lijnders however, if Klopp leaves - I think he'll get a fair chance at the job (interview or whatever) or could do a year if Klopp says "happy to extend, but I need a year out" sort of thing.
    It's much tougher at the top of the management ticket.

In a post klopp era can't see us going for him.
    Gerrard is a better candidate for the job than him.
    At least he is out getting more top flight experience.
    Ten hag would be my candidate to track.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Keeping Millie has absolutely no influence on whether Salah is offered a new contract. A completely different part of the playing salary budget and it has been intimated that he will be drafted in to a coaching role. Seen by Klopp as a very important member of the playing staff.
    I don’t see why there is an implication that if we haven’t agreed a deal with Salah, nothing else can be sorted out.
    That's all fair and true.
    But you could save your child before your mother in law, even if both can be saved in time.

No one is saving lives, they’re just agreeing deal extensions and Millie would have signed a blank sheet of paper at his stage of career and let the club fill in the details later. Very easy but necessary transaction in Klopp’s eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Not the point though is it. Hendo has done well for a good few seasons now but the signs have been there for well over a year that he has long since peaked. Salah is WAY more important and that is the contract to get sorted before the likes of Hendo.

We didn't need to sign up Hendo as we did - we could get caught with our pants down over Mo.
    Well Klopp obviously thinks differently he is all that matters.

Salah is more important that is why he is harder to tie down.

36 years old and a back up to the first team more than ever, and by reports on 150kpw when he signed for us.

In my mind it makes Salahs reported demands seem fairly reasonable. Much younger, plays more, better availability and produces vital goals and assists.

Milner has great qualities and attitude, think he'll play elsewhere before any managerial/coaching ambitions materialise.

Gerrard is getting his experience in the PL and he'd need to be a top candidate on merit for the job. His CV is promising at the moment and he's in place at villa to show what he can do now.

In a post klopp era, we go for the best manager available.
    People keep talking about Milner being on £150k but that would be with a big signing on fee as he was a free agent.

Not a chance he gets £150k a week now.

We dont know what Salah is demanding he says it is reasonable but I guess like ive said for months it depends what he thinks is reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    People keep talking about Milner being on £150k but that would be with a big signing on fee as he was a free agent.

Not a chance he gets £150k a week now.

We dont know what Salah is demanding he says it is reasonable but I guess like ive said for months it depends what he thinks is reasonable.
    If Milner is wanted for another year, I'm not sure his wage demands drop all that much.
    Signing on fees are separate to wages I believe, we would have paid 150pw when we signed him.

Salah, iirc has bee on 200kpw since his second season.
    Trents wages have gone from like 35kpw to 170kpw in that time.

Goalscorers get paid the most. What wages do you think fairly reflect his value within the squad ?

If Milner is wanted for another year, I'm not sure his wage demands drop all that much.
    Signing on fees are separate to wages I believe, we would have paid 150pw when we signed him.

Salah, iirc has bee on 200kpw since his second season.
    Trents wages have gone from like 35kpw to 170kpw in that time.

Goalscorers get paid the most. What wages do you think fairly reflect his value within the squad ?
    I'd say £300k a week is fair imo as daft as it sounds as its still obscene.

Yeah he can get £400-500k a week elsewhere but they arent clubs who are in the real financial world.