Page 38 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2831323334353637383940414243444548 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign Here to Give Mo Salah Whatever the f#*k

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Goalscorers get paid the most. What wages do you think fairly reflect his value within the squad ?
    Know you didn't ask me, but I think we perhaps "max out" at £350k.

£400k just seems like so, so much - not to mention the knock-on effects of what others might start asking for.

Don't want to end up with 2/3/4 players at or above £250k simultaneously for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post

£400k just seems like so, so much - not to mention the knock-on effects of what others might start asking for.

Don't want to end up with 2/3/4 players at or above £250k simultaneously for example.
    And that’s the Pandora’s box I don’t think we should open. Like any business with limited funding, we need to have a pay structure in place.

I love Mo, but he’s not indispensable. I believe he’ll be 31 at the end of his contract. He keeps himself remarkably fit and (touch wood) is very rarely injured. However, 18 months is a long time in football. I’m not sure running down his contract is in his or our interest.

I hope he just does the sensible thing and accepts a fair and reasonably deal, otherwise, he could find himself elsewhere watching Champions League football from the bench. There are plenty of decent examples of that.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I'd say £300k a week is fair imo as daft as it sounds as its still obscene.

Yeah he can get £400-500k a week elsewhere but they arent clubs who are in the real financial world.
    I think that's fair Salahs goals & assists should see him clear top earner.
    My guess Sids probably close on our maximum wage.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post

It'll be an interesting summer with all 3 entering their final year.
    Could see all 3 extend with later sell on points in mind, or one leave 2 stay etc

How is milner anything like salah?

Milner hardly plays, and sadly with good reason these days, salah is vital too us.

Much rather milner left and the money went on salah's contract

Simply not worth the money, like many of the players on are books at the moment, well some at least.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

I think Sid is probably right £350k a week after bonuses is likely to be top end we go to.

We have a pay structure and in any business if you go hugely outside that you are on dangerous ground ie Barcelona.

Sportswashing seems to have worked sadly as a number of our fans think it is "fine" to pay Mo whatever he wants.

None of us know what is happening behind the scenes it might not be over money.

wheres that DEAL?
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

IF Mbappe were to join us, how much would a weekly wage have to be, to offset the FREE Transfer?
    If we bought him on a transfer, the fee would be £100 - £200 million imo.

Maybe FSG are waiting to see if Mbappe is a genuine possibility before deciding whether or not to give Salah another contract.

Rather keep Salah personally if we’re going to give someone extortionate wages, I’d rather have a guaranteed return. Salah will be involved in 30-40 goals a season, who knows with Mbappe, however good he appears to be.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    IF Mbappe were to join us, how much would a weekly wage have to be, to offset the FREE Transfer?
    If we bought him on a transfer, the fee would be £100 - £200 million imo.
    £384,615.38 a week for 100mill over 5 years

£769,230.77 a week for 200mill over 5 years

He’ll be wanting a good £500k a week or £130m over 5 years. Would need to have a better 5 years than Mo for that money. Can he guarantee it??
    Doubt it.

Only player that would have a chance of that would be Haaland and his team are way to far away from reality for that to even be a possibility in a million years.

Stick with Mo for me.