Page 45 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3538394041424344454647484950515255 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign Here to Give Mo Salah Whatever the f#*k

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    We beat Brentford, Palace and Leicester in the league without any assistance from Mane or Mo during Afcon and just after scoring 8 and conceding 1

Not overly worried about that, we'd bring another option in at RFWD and would probably benefit from not being so obvious in our approach too much of the time by trying to focus everything predominantly to get the best possible return out of Mo, it actually really stifles our play and makes games more difficult for us at times
    If they sell him this summer so be it. Though from his perspective it would be better to leave on a free and claim the massive transfer fee himself.

I'll take a guess and say, you think gini leaving was a bigger problem than Salah potentially leaving.

Unless you want to state explicitly what you think.

Complained all season about Gini leaving whilst we have 1 of a possible 4 trophies won.
    A much different perspective now if Salah leaves, ita an interesting way of seeing the situation.

No matter how influential a player is, the club should never be held to ransom. Which it currently feels like.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    No matter how influential a player is, the club should never be held to ransom.
    Roger Hunt, gone.
    Kevin Keegan, gone.
    Kenny Dalglish, gone.
    Ian Rush, gone.
    Robbie Fowler, gone.
    Michael Owen, gone.
    Fernando Torres, gone.
    Luis Suarez, gone.

There were others of course. The club continues. It will continue past Mo Salah, whether he is here for a few months, 16 or so months, or several more years.

I don't like us losing star talents. That said, we're in a better position to cope with it than we have been for years - look at the squad we have (and the talent coming up) and our relative standing in the League compared to when we sold Suarez or Torres for example - the situations are chalk-and-cheese.

What happens, happens.

I agree Sid. If it happens I'll be sad, we all will but he won't find anywhere better. He knows that.
    Who do we begin to replace him with is the conundrum.
    Suarez took a while to replace. We missed him for a long time but the others we coped with by having ready made replacements almost.

We've got a lot of options and we're looking to add to them also

If Diaz can work as hard as Mo did in his own time when at Roma on his finishing, he can play any of the front 3 positions and score a lot of goals

The point remains CCTV we've dropped 10 points from winning positions this season through not having a midfield controller and the quality of strength and experience and know how we've had in past seasons in midfield, and we dropped those points in games in which Mo and Mane and Jota were all available and playing
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

It’s been obvious all season that the midfield is nowhere near the quality of either the defence of forward line. If it was, we’d have a pop at the quadruple on a regular basis.

And we ain’t winning it with our current crop of midfielders either by the way, no chance.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    It’s been obvious all season that the midfield is nowhere near the quality of either the defence of forward line. If it was, we’d have a pop at the quadruple on a regular basis.

And we ain’t winning it with our current crop of midfielders either by the way, no chance.
    That’s a very bold prediction, Miller

You genuinely think we can Taksin?

Aslong has we win the league! i'd take that.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post

The Quadruple is well and truly still on, but we're going to need Hendo, Thiago, Keita and Fabinho fit and to make up our midfield in the vast majority of games to achieve it, Diaz's arrival shortens our odds of winning it quite drastically for me, it gives us a dynamism, unpredictability and relentless work ethic dropping into midfield to nick balls and help initiate play and release players that goes quite some way to making up for our midfield deficiencies
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”