Page 46 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3639404142434445464748495051525356 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign Here to Give Mo Salah Whatever the f#*k

Given my opinion of Keita and Thiago’s abilities in the Premier League, you’ll understand if I’m less than convinced

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    You genuinely think we can Taksin?
    I was being sarcastic because not being good enough for the quadruple is a bit of a harsh stick to beat the midfield with. I mean. There’s only Real Madrid, Bayern and Man City, to name a few, who may have something to say about it.

But yes I still think it’s possible.

Ridiculous as it sounds, I genuinely believe if the midfield was of the same quality as the rest of the team, we would be in with a shout on a regular basis. The rest of the squad is that good.

And rather than beat the midfield with the quadruple stick, I am beating them with the “not as good as the rest of the squad” stick.

Given my opinion of Keita and Thiago’s abilities in the Premier League, you’ll understand if I’m less than convinced
    I think our best midfield would be

Thiago Henderson Keita

That has the best collective distribution, positional astuteness and awareness, pressing, counter pressing and scoring and assisting or releasing a player to assist ability

So for me our midfield is never ideal, but neither is any other teams and were about on a par with the best other midfields with those 3 and Fabinho fit, I'm obviously not a massive fan of his, because the press and counter press can never be at its highest levels when he starts, but we can still get results despite the way he plays the role with the right mids either side of him
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    We've got a lot of options and we're looking to add to them also

If Diaz can work as hard as Mo did in his own time when at Roma on his finishing, he can play any of the front 3 positions and score a lot of goals

The point remains CCTV we've dropped 10 points from winning positions this season through not having a midfield controller and the quality of strength and experience and know how we've had in past seasons in midfield, and we dropped those points in games in which Mo and Mane and Jota were all available and playing
    Yes and city have dropped 0 points from winning positions iirc so far this season.

I don't think Gini earning 300kpw is an acceptable excuse or reason for those points being dropped.

For me it's been our shape and approach, failing to adapt.

Let's be clear, are you suggesting we'll struggle less with Salah leaving than the big hole Gini left in midfield and your heart ?

Because it’s our best midfield it doesn’t mean it’s an above average midfield

Because it isn’t

Not in my opinion anyway

And rather than beat the midfield with the quadruple stick, I am beating them with the “not as good as the rest of the squad” stick.
    Never has been though. Not that you're saying that it has been.

The rest of the team essentially has been world class.

Alisson
    Back 4
    Salah Bobby Mane

Bobby and Mane have dropped of but the attack is stacked with quality now.

Still we persist with only 3 at a time for the most part.

For me our midfield has good qualities but the idea of benching an attacker to play 433 makes little sense most days.

Because it’s our best midfield it doesn’t mean it’s an above average midfield

Because it isn’t

Not in my opinion anyway
    Fab & Hendo make a good double pivot.
    The rest not so much in the tops terms, between age, lack of experience, injury.

Midfield is where it will come unstuck in Europe, it will not be good enough against Bayern if we were to meet them.
    The league is out of our hands at the moment and its not the midfields fault we have drawn so many games, we've had chances that were not put away. I'm as big a critic as anyone over the quality of the Midfield but it will be harsh to blame them for anything if we get over 90 points. That's just the 'bitch' about the current era we are in. An era of cheats.

Not saying it doesn't require bolstering though, it clearly does but with Diaz being signed already it will surprise me if there's a major addition to it.