Page 5 of 76 FirstFirst 1234567891011121555 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign Here to Give Mo Salah Whatever the f#*k

His pass to Mané on Saturday was beyond brilliant.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    His pass to Mané on Saturday was beyond brilliant.
    Yes, the pass of the season so far, from any player of any club.

Liverpool and Egypt forward Mohamed Salah, 29, wants in the region of £400,000 a week to sign a contract extension at Anfield. (Telegraph)

from 45 seconds:

"Sign it Larry" @ 1:10 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Liverpool and Egypt forward Mohamed Salah, 29, wants in the region of £400,000 a week to sign a contract extension at Anfield. (Telegraph)
    The shirt sales alone should cover alot of that.

That's better value per minute than the often-injured Thiago at £200,000 per week for example, provided Salah's excellent injury record keeps up. I really like Thiago for the record, it's not a dig.

For me it's about the dressing room and players not banging down doors to get contracts we can't afford based on Salah's wages. But if we can keep a lid on that due to our lads seeing what Salah is worth, then he is as close to a "sure thing" as you can get really in terms of consistent output.

If we get a deal done, it would be interesting to know the finer print, if/as/when we get to see it.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Where does he rank as best Liverpool Prem striker?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58656595

I initally would have gone Suarez, Salah, Fowler. But I think Salah probabaly should be number 1, considering a) he fired us to a title and European Cup and 2) he did it as a winger.

However, if I was choosing a team for a one off game - I would pick Suarez every day of the week.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Where does he rank as best Liverpool Prem striker?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58656595

I initally would have gone Suarez, Salah, Fowler. But I think Salah probabaly should be number 1, considering a) he fired us to a title and European Cup and 2) he did it as a winger.

However, if I was choosing a team for a one off game - I would pick Suarez every day of the week.
    Top for me due to his consistency, he’s a machine. I preferred to watch Suarez, Torres and Fowler though.

When you look at that from an individual perspective, it's fucking insane. When you look at it from a club perspective, £20 million per annum for the services of the best player on the planet (in my opinion), is an absolute bargain. We make that every year from selling Academy players. £100 million secures him maybe until the end of his career.

Let's also remember, that it's not just what he does on the pitch; he's a marketing man's wet dream.

The way he's playing at the moment, he's got us over a barrel. But this is FSG we're talking about, so anything's possible.

As Sid says, the only problem will be if our other high-earners want the same treatment... then we're screwed.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

funny thing is ....the longer they wait the more his value goes up....lol