Page 50 of 76 FirstFirst ... 4043444546474849505152535455565760 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign Here to Give Mo Salah Whatever the f#*k

They all move on/retire eventually. We'll move on, we'll find someone else.

Keegan
    Kenny
    Rush
    Fowler
    Owen
    Torres
    Suarez
    Mo...

Offer him what he's worth within our pay structure and give him till the end of the season, otherwise move him on.

In the last 20 years most players have moved on to win trophies or to play at a higher level. At the moment we are at the top of the game. If he moves it will only be for money...
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    They all move on/retire eventually. We'll move on, we'll find someone else.

Keegan
    Kenny
    Rush
    Fowler
    Owen
    Torres
    Suarez
    Mo...

Offer him what he's worth within our pay structure and give him till the end of the season, otherwise move him on.

In the last 20 years most players have moved on to win trophies or to play at a higher level. At the moment we are at the top of the game. If he moves it will only be for money...
    Absolutely, Mo's all about the money, all about material wealth
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

His head has been turned by all this talk about him being 'the best player in the world'. It's meaningless anyway. Is he better than Virgil van Dijk? You can't even compute something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Mo is undoubtedly top class, but he isn't Messi, Benzema, MBappe, original Ronaldo, past it Ronaldo absolute goat top class

We're not going to break our wage structure for him, so he can forget that idea, with PSG likely to lose MBappe they'll likely move swiftly for Mo to try and appease their fans, offering 100m and offering Mo 500k a week and if playing in a one team team for a petro dollar club with zero hope of landing another Champions League trophy or winning another meaningful league title is how he wants to see out the remaineder of his career because he values money above all else, good luck to him
    He is better than Ronaldo/Messi at this moment that is all that matters when comparing.

GOAT stuff doesnt interest me ive always had the view its about the team.

I agree we not/shouldnt break the bank for him.

PSG looks most likely club for me even though it is a poor poor career move but good for the old $$$$

The challenge here is that we don't know what Mo wants and what he's been offered.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Mo is a great player and you cant replace him like for like most of the top wide forwards play on the left.

Wages on what he is worth is questionable I dont want us to break our structure so £300-350k is as high as it goes but he could get £400-500k elsewhere.

As for the fee if PSG lose Mbappe I think they bid £100m they dont care about getting money back it is kind of pointless to them.

I would disagree when people say he isnt top class he is he scores he assists and he like Suarez plays most games he has lots going for him !

The last month though he has tended to be abit greedy but he isnt alone on that score.
    Best case if he does want to go would be psg. We could get big dosh and he gets a few "glory" years and a pay day. We need to spend wisely though.

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    The challenge here is that we don't know what Mo wants and what he's been offered.
    I gather he's been offered less than he could get elsewhere but slightly more than any of our players should really be on if we are to have a sustainable wage structure.

Given that he is soon to be in his 30s, there's a sense in which his massive wages will be a retrospective reward for being so good. It's not certain he can maintain those levels for 4 years. Cold hearted calculations tell you we could probably buy two Diazes and pay them less than what Mo wants. It isn't an automatic choice to go with the demands. We need a bit of compromise if he is going to stay here at the greatest club in the world.

Exactly, its mostly papertalk...didn't they say the same of Ronaldo and Messi for years...its sells papers and gets clickbait. All talk is cheap. But if he decides to go i'll always respect him as a player and person. He's done us proud no matter what.
    You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?"

Allegedly Manes looking for similar terms

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Allegedly Manes looking for similar terms
    Allegedly
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"