Page 51 of 76 FirstFirst ... 4144454647484950515253545556575861 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign Here to Give Mo Salah Whatever the f#*k

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Allegedly
    I know. But thems the rumours.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    I know. But thems the rumours.
    I think the manipulation of the narrative around Salah has started. Just look at some of the comments on here recently. They guy wants the best deal. Without an appreciation of the dynamic of the negotiation - how can anyone call him greedy or worse.

We have a wage structure. I get how breaking it can have massive consequences for the club but I'm beginning to see a narrative from the club that's trying to shift "blame" onto Salah for his demands.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Cold hearted calculations tell you we could probably buy two Diazes and pay them less than what Mo wants.
    True.

Worth adding as well that it's not just the multiplicity of options (someone gets injured, another lad is ready) but the capacity to lower the average age of the attacking unit (future-proofing) as well. Mo's age certainly isn't a problem by any stretch, but those at the top could be forgiven for thinking they could bring in two 23-26 year-olds that are ready to contribute right now but still have scope for improvement.

Plus, if you don't cave to Salah's demands (for the sake of example we'll say he does want that £400k per week) you don't have the bargaining issues of other squad members saying "well if he is getting paid at that, then I want to get paid at this" etc etc etc

Our squad harmony is pretty priceless and if anyone wants to rock that Boat (speaking in general terms as we don't know what Mo wants) then I'd rather move them on.

It will be intriguing to see what effect the end of the season might have. If we have won a bunch we'll be a hard side to leave, but also will have more money (besides the bonuses we pay out I suppose) to play with for having won things - if indeed we do win more trophies - can't assume that for a second.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Allegedly Manes looking for similar terms
    I’d move mane on rather than give him any more money , in fact I’d move mane on if we could get good money for him , saw that martinelli tonight and others we have been linked with , if he wanted to go I’d move him on and bring someone fresh in

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyliver View Post
    I’d move mane on rather than give him any more money , in fact I’d move mane on if we could get good money for him , saw that martinelli tonight and others we have been linked with , if he wanted to go I’d move him on and bring someone fresh in
    The front three of Firmino/Mane/Salah will have to be broken up over time. I'm not looking forward to it on a sentimental perspective, but understand the realities of Football.

It would be better to move one of them on before they're 30/31/32 just to ease the transition. It's very impersonal/cold but we do have to be practical. Man United were rather good at it under Fergie for large chunks of his career there, even if he let a bit of mould into the cupboards at the end of his tenure.

Martinelli is still just 20 I think (?) which seems mad - think he's contracted until 2024 - can't see Arsenal letting him go but what a signing that could be.

I am in the keep the wage structure balanced camp. I would never want Mo or others to be streets ahead of their team mates.
    Whilst Salahs agent is no doubt a greedy fucker I hope Mo isn’t. You do have to accept that he may feel aggrieved if he sees others being paid more when he is a far better player.
    Wage structure must be a nightmare… Mo is a terrific philanthropist. ….Would it be possible to pay him maximum wages but pay the extra ( he demands ?..) to a charity of his choice ?
    If this was done then we could end up with a fairly balanced salary list with all players being a benefactor to their chosen charity.
    I accept that the base salary would have to be negotiated, but for lower level salaries, no problem. This may be a solution to the top level players who feel they should be on a par with others on the higher level……just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    I think the manipulation of the narrative around Salah has started. Just look at some of the comments on here recently. They guy wants the best deal. Without an appreciation of the dynamic of the negotiation - how can anyone call him greedy or worse.

We have a wage structure. I get how breaking it can have massive consequences for the club but I'm beginning to see a narrative from the club that's trying to shift "blame" onto Salah for his demands.
    It's a cut throat business signing multimillion pound deals.

Pressures coming from all sides - Agent, Club, Media

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    The front three of Firmino/Mane/Salah will have to be broken up over time. I'm not looking forward to it on a sentimental perspective, but understand the realities of Football.

It would be better to move one of them on before they're 30/31/32 just to ease the transition. It's very impersonal/cold but we do have to be practical. Man United were rather good at it under Fergie for large chunks of his career there, even if he let a bit of mould into the cupboards at the end of his tenure.

Martinelli is still just 20 I think (?) which seems mad - think he's contracted until 2024 - can't see Arsenal letting him go but what a signing that could be.
    Completely agree I think it’s important to phase out before they hit early thirties , if salah did want to fit in structure to a point and stay then great , but with Diaz and jota there now , I would be happy to bring someone in at 21/22 and let them grow in the squad and phase a few out.

That self serving traitorous little schister knows absolutely bugger all about it.