Page 52 of 76 FirstFirst ... 24245464748495051525354555657585962 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign Here to Give Mo Salah Whatever the f#*k

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    That self serving traitorous little schister knows absolutely bugger all about it.
    Miller absolutely nails it
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    His head has been turned by all this talk about him being 'the best player in the world'. It's meaningless anyway. Is he better than Virgil van Dijk? You can't even compute something like that.
    Agent wants a pay day as well

I think its likely Salah won't resign but he will see out his contract next season.. We'll probably end up with Raphina
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Sell. Mo's been great. Go out on a high. We will replace

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I think its likely Salah won't resign but he will see out his contract next season.. We'll probably end up with Raphina
    If Mo goes I want someone much better than him.

He is a good player but im not sure he is right in our current set up.

We'd likely look at Antony or Bowen before him they score more and have pace.

Unless we change our style and go for someone like Nunez.

Said it b4 saying it again....we are a business to our owners.....not something they love...their biggest saleable asset is probably at peak value...no way will they break pay structure to keep him......l8ers Mo!

A good business person loves their business and respects the human and community dimension at play. It is deeply cynical to imagine people in business are automatically cold hearted.

That said, having a successful model or strategy and not being swayed from it by sentimental factors is what we all want from our owners. Speak to Arsenal fans about how their model was undermined by a series of desperate inflated wages deals and how they’ve got back on track by clearing out the overpaid players.

I suspect FSG has already broken its own limits to accommodate this deal, perhaps due to persuasion by Klopp or simply knowledge of the asset. But this asset is at an age when his footballing value will start to wane. It’s basic biology. He is only worth so much, especially if his value to glamour seeking clubs would allow us to keep investing in up and coming talent so well.

if its £££ Mo is after, then he'll prob make more £££ seeing out his contract and signing on for someone next June 2023, even if the new club gets him a year older. Would he consider going to Newcastle (no CL) or PSG (weak league) ?

Well, Afcon and the World Cup Qualifiers have demonstrated pretty universally that as brilliant as Mo is for us, the entire set up is geared to support him in a way to give him every possible chance to be brilliant, he's not a player in the wage bracket and with the ability to singlehandedly turn games and carry a team he and his agent like to think he is
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Well, Afcon and the World Cup Qualifiers have demonstrated pretty universally that as brilliant as Mo is for us, the entire set up is geared to support him in a way to give him every possible chance to be brilliant, he's not a player in the wage bracket and with the ability to singlehandedly turn games and carry a team he and his agent like to think he is
    He plays for country surrounded with pub players,it's hardly the same as the likes of Stevie carrying us back in the day when he had decent players around him.