Page 53 of 76 FirstFirst ... 34346474849505152535455565758596063 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign Here to Give Mo Salah Whatever the f#*k

Prime Messi would've struggled in that Egyptian team.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    having a successful model or strategy and not being swayed from it by sentimental factors is what we all want from our owners. Speak to Arsenal fans about how their model was undermined by a series of desperate inflated wages deals and how they’ve got back on track by clearing out the overpaid players.
    Indeed.

Arsenal have faced it, Barcelona have faced it, Man United will smell the coffee and face it, Serie A clubs often face it (usually more about letting a group's average get too high moreso than the wages) and they're all warnings to the rest of the footballing World.

Would love to keep Salah, but certainly not "at any cost" - if he won't stay then sell to PSG (if they're genuinely interested) and reinvest into lads in the 21-25 bracket who are on the verge of great things - the World is absolutely riddled with talent and we are an attractive prospect.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

He had bottles thrown at him from the crowd as he left the pitch after the Senegal game. he looked completely in bits. I wonder how the two defeats to Senegal and missing the world cup will affect the rest of his season, form wise, and how he feels about his career. The world cup would have been a massive deal for him with it being in a muslim country as well.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    He had bottles thrown at him from the crowd as he left the pitch after the Senegal game. he looked completely in bits. I wonder how the two defeats to Senegal and missing the world cup will affect the rest of his season, form wise, and how he feels about his career. The world cup would have been a massive deal for him with it being in a muslim country as well.
    It will be tough on him, but I doubt the likes of Henderson, Milner, Robertson, Klopp etc will afford him much opportunity to wilt.

Salah used to ride the bus for hours to get to practice. He will be upset, no question, but he couldn't be surrounded by better lads.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Prime Messi would've struggled in that Egyptian team.
    Aye, no comparable squads he'd be joining in top club football.

Well this thread isn’t aging well. Mo hasn’t done himself any favours as late, especially while Jota continues impress and Diaz has shown what you can pick up for £37.5m and £130,000 a week.

Right now, in comparison to giving Mo the money, Haaland probably offers better value. However, he doesn’t play in Mo’s position.

Based on his current contribution, he’s not worth £400 p/w let alone £400k. I’m just glad he’d gone off when we got the penalty… who knows where that might have ended up.

His form/body language has been off for quite a while. Now would be a really good time for him to get his mojo back.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Sell I think. Time is right especially if we pick up 1 of the big 2 trophies

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mohamed-salah-new-liverpool-contract-26620187

Mohamed Salah is now close to agreeing a new contract which will keep him at Liverpool until the end of his career.

Mirror Online can reveal that a change of mind from the 29-year-old Egypt international has heightened Anfield hopes of bringing an end to the long drawn out saga over his new deal which is set to give Reds boss Jurgen Klopp a huge boost.

After Salah rejected new terms which would have seen him earning £400,000 a week Liverpool’s owners were fearing the worst and that he would allow his current contract to run down making him a free agent in the summer of 2023.

That would have also made him vulnerable to offers from interested big hitters like Paris Saint-Germain and Barcelona this summer.

Lets hope its true
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Mo's stock has been falling by the game since Afcon - I think he has had a loss of confidence, I think with his agent likely constantly massaging his ego and filling his head with the idea, he perhaps had actually begun to believe he had somehow carried LFC as Messi carried Barca and Ronaldo carried Real so may times

I think the stark reality hitting home that his agent has been filling his head with nonsense, that Jurgen and LFC made him and when they signed him for certain attributes he has that fitted Jurgen's profile for his position when no other clubs were knocking on Roma's door even looking at him and had a team of top quality players play our system in a way very much geared for Mo to absolutely maximise getting the most from his abilities and he isn't the Messi or Ronaldo type his agent has led him to believe he is
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”