Page 54 of 76 FirstFirst ... 44447484950515253545556575859606164 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign Here to Give Mo Salah Whatever the f#*k

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Mo's stock has been falling by the game since Afcon - I think he has had a loss of confidence, I think with his agent likely constantly massaging his ego and filling his head with the idea, he perhaps had actually begun to believe he had somehow carried LFC as Messi carried Barca and Ronaldo carried Real so may times

I think the stark reality hitting home that his agent has been filling his head with nonsense, that Jurgen and LFC made him and when they signed him for certain attributes he has that fitted Jurgen's profile for his position when no other clubs were knocking on Roma's door even looking at him and had a team of top quality players play our system in a way very much geared for Mo to absolutely maximise getting the most from his abilities and he isn't the Messi or Ronaldo type his agent has led him to believe he is
    His game seems so much better when he just plays football rather than trying to force the chance to shoot. He’s really been poor of late. Good job we are stacked for now up front. Doubt we’ll have as many top quality lads next season.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    His game seems so much better when he just plays football rather than trying to force the chance to shoot. He’s really been poor of late. Good job we are stacked for now up front. Doubt we’ll have as many top quality lads next season.
    The Carvalho deal is allegedly done And he apparently WILL be joining up, not going on loan
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I am not in the pay him what he wants never have been as it’s wrong.

I will say one thing he has played a ridiculous amount of minutes for club/country this season and it is a reason I detest international footy so much it’s getting completely out of control.

He could do with a break really but we can’t afford to rest him.

He's simply not worth more than more than a handful of our other players, we've got other players that for me actually are the world's best in their position, something Mo isn't and never will be
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

What’s been said on here by several members about him thriving in our system, which serves his best assets is spot on. He could go elsewhere and be totally anonymous.
    Don’t think he wants to risk that.
    Wouldn’t be surprised if there is some truth in this now, he’s been poor for some time and he knows it.
    Needs to sign up and concentrate on the football

“Salah to sign” is on the back pages of several papers.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mohamed-salah-new-liverpool-contract-26620187

Mohamed Salah is now close to agreeing a new contract which will keep him at Liverpool until the end of his career.

Mirror Online can reveal that a change of mind from the 29-year-old Egypt international has heightened Anfield hopes of bringing an end to the long drawn out saga over his new deal which is set to give Reds boss Jurgen Klopp a huge boost.

After Salah rejected new terms which would have seen him earning £400,000 a week Liverpool’s owners were fearing the worst and that he would allow his current contract to run down making him a free agent in the summer of 2023.

That would have also made him vulnerable to offers from interested big hitters like Paris Saint-Germain and Barcelona this summer.

Lets hope its true
    So he rejected £400,000 per week, which suggests that offer is still on the table. Still seems an awful lot of money and still breaks our pay structure. That being said, getting him tied down for the rest of his career probably makes good sense. I’m sure he would like to get it sorted so that they can focus on playing football.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    He's simply not worth more than more than a handful of our other players, we've got other players that for me actually are the world's best in their position, something Mo isn't and never will be
    Which players in the world are better right wing forwards ?

For me Alisson, Trent, Virgil & Salah are probably in the world's best 11 now.

I'd argue Robbo is in there too as our fifth representative in a world XI

Seems Salahs contract is drawn out due to the fanfare in the media.

Bobby & Mane are in the same boat and little talk about it in the media.

Would be interesting to know what's going on with those 2. Dirty rumour Mane is looking for a Salah pay rate.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    So he rejected £400,000 per week, which suggests that offer is still on the table. Still seems an awful lot of money and still breaks our pay structure.
    It does seem a very high figure. I wonder if that isn't the flat rate but is an estimation of goal-related bonuses or something?

I have been in the camp of offering a max of £350k-per-week as an absolute maximum for a while. He's an amazing player, but clubs can have Arsenal/Barcelona/Man United wage disasters so, so quickly if they aren't careful so I hope we have called the figure properly, whatever it is.

Time will tell. If it is indeed close to done I wonder if we will see an announcement before the Man City tie (to buoy the fans) or possibly afterwards as a bonus euphoria (if we win) or the biggest comfort ever (if we lose) in terms of clever timing.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay