Page 55 of 76 FirstFirst ... 54548495051525354555657585960616265 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign Here to Give Mo Salah Whatever the f#*k

If true it’s similar to Gini as length of contract rather than the amount of salary.

LFCTransferRoom
    ·
    13h
    ❗️𝘽𝙍𝙀𝘼𝙆𝙄𝙉𝙂: Mohamed Salah is now close to agreeing a new contract which will keep him at #Liverpool. He is prepared to compromise on his initial demands. That could involve an extra 12 months on the 3 years which have been discussed.

Bobby Firmino has played 1047 minutes of football this season, Mo Salah has played 1041 minutes just for Egypt.

If he wants to stay at the top of club football for an extended period, that cannot continue for very long now.

Eventually, he wants to retire and live his post football life back in his home country. Egyptians aren't as forgiving and won't let him live down early retirement.

At the very least they are going to have to allow him to rest during International breaks on occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    At the very least they are going to have to allow him to rest during International breaks on occasion.
    Think he's too important for them generally to get rests.
    Up to us to deal with that reality.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Think he's too important for them generally to get rests.
    Up to us to deal with that reality.
    We have 5 really excellent forwards now, with respect to Minamino and Origi. Diverse skill-set amongst them too, not all carbon copies of each other.

Hopefully (won't all happen at once) we might even get that number up to 6, then one-in, one-out in the areas we are least satisfied to keep the standard as high as possible. Though that's me being quite greedy.

Whether it's 5 or 6, it certainly gives us a chance to rotate and protect Mo a bit to ensure longevity.

It's such a far cry from the days of "Torres is out for weeks, I guess we have N'gog" - a problem we realistically shouldn't face again for quite some time unless our recruitment/planning suddenly becomes terrible.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Salah could definitely use a rest before it comes around as a result of a stress injury… I just can’t see when that can happen realistically. (The rest)

On a separate note, I see Wijnaldum’s replacement played for the under 23s yesterday.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    We have 5 really excellent forwards now, with respect to Minamino and Origi. Diverse skill-set amongst them too, not all carbon copies of each other.

Hopefully (won't all happen at once) we might even get that number up to 6, then one-in, one-out in the areas we are least satisfied to keep the standard as high as possible. Though that's me being quite greedy.

Whether it's 5 or 6, it certainly gives us a chance to rotate and protect Mo a bit to ensure longevity.

It's such a far cry from the days of "Torres is out for weeks, I guess we have N'gog" - a problem we realistically shouldn't face again for quite some time unless our recruitment/planning suddenly becomes terrible.
    Think it's a little harsh on Taki & Div, though i agree there is a gap, they've by and large produced when played. Good goal per minute stats. 2 of the better lesser spotted players.

The 5 better fit Klopp's strategy and system. Its great depth, 6 would be better planning for the future.
    Football is going towards more games anyway with bigger club squads for more top tier club football games.

433 or my preferred 4231, our only liability at present in terms of depth in attack is Salah at rwf.
    Nobody has milked our system playing rwf close to his level bar Mane in his earlier days at the club.

It's a lot to expect from Elliot, Mane should do a lot better than he did last time out,
    Jota seems to struggle on the right wing,
    Diaz hasn't featured much at rwf throughout his career - might work at rwf here but it's new territory, think he'd work better at 10/9 in addition to lwf.
    The Ox hasn't been a strong performer at rwf either. Taki arguably ahead of him this season.

For me Mane is the natural next best right wing forward.

Left --------to ---- Right
    Mane/Diaz -- Jota/Bobby - Salah/Mane

In 4231
    ....................Jota/Bobby
    Mane/Diaz - Bobby/Diaz - Salah/Mane

Egypt's Sports Minister, Ashraf Sobhi confirmed the player had told him he was staying with Liverpool.

"I met with Mohamed Salah at the airport after the end of the Senegal match and the failure to reach the World Cup finals and said to him to forget what happened and focus on what’s next," Sobhi told Egyptian radio.

"I have advised him to continue his journey at a club other than Liverpool, but his direction now is to renew his contract with Liverpool."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd love to know he's reasoning.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Egypt's Sports Minister, Ashraf Sobhi confirmed the player had told him he was staying with Liverpool.

"I met with Mohamed Salah at the airport after the end of the Senegal match and the failure to reach the World Cup finals and said to him to forget what happened and focus on what’s next," Sobhi told Egyptian radio.

"I have advised him to continue his journey at a club other than Liverpool, but his direction now is to renew his contract with Liverpool."

I'd love to know his reasoning.
    Salah doesn't half have some know nothing fucking clowns advising him, Liverpool and Klopp made Salah and that helped Egypt incredibly and hugely increased their profile in the process, yet this fucking half wit thinks Mo should go elsewhere, what a complete and utter twat
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”