Page 57 of 76 FirstFirst ... 74750515253545556575859606162636467 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign Here to Give Mo Salah Whatever the f#*k

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Dont forget we are a one man team ��
    Sadly Mo seems to think that or his agent has filled his head with that notion, which is what this is all about
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Just thinking how the media are crazy focussed on Salah.. Where as $terling at City his contract runs out in June 2023 as well.
    No obsession with him.. maybe because hes English??
    Mo is a bigger player than Sterling

There isn't a story behind the Sterling contract. Man City can afford to pay him whatever should they decide he's worth it.

It's kind of obvious really.

Mo has been our headline player for the last 4 seasons.

I think it's more interesting that our own fans are "turning" on him because he's going through a patch of not scoring.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Problem we have is, LWF Diaz and Mané brilliantly affective. CF, Bobby, Sadio, Jota brilliantly affective, RWF Salah (when on form) brilliantly affective.
    Can’t stand the phrase “can do a job”, nowhere near good enough for trophy hunters. Sadio can play RWF but he’s spent several years on the other flank, can’t just switch it on and off, took him several games to get to grips with his CF role.
    Next forward we bring in needs to be brilliant at RWF, not just another “can play there….”

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Problem we have is, LWF Diaz and Mané brilliantly affective. CF, Bobby, Sadio, Jota brilliantly affective, RWF Salah (when on form) brilliantly affective.
    Can’t stand the phrase “can do a job”, nowhere near good enough for trophy hunters. Sadio can play RWF but he’s spent several years on the other flank, can’t just switch it on and off, took him several games to get to grips with his CF role.
    Next forward we bring in needs to be brilliant at RWF, not just another “can play there….”
    Mane seems to be recovering form. He's been off it for a while tbh

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Yep I believe AFCON is a huge part of it especially Mo case.

I remember people saying he only misses two league games but it isnt just two games in reality he played an insane amount of minutes in a short space of time.

Im not going to dig him out for a barren spell all players go through them as long as the effort is there which it is then its all good.

I have said for months we cant break bank for him so I havent changed that stance if he signs all good if he dont then not much we can do.

I think Mane is reinventing himself after Covid cause him to lose a little bit of pace and explosive pace off the mark, it's only a very small amount, but it made a huge impact on him being able to do what he used to do from LFWD every single game

His performance v City at No9 is the best performance from any of our players at No9 in over 2 seasons

I'm not 'getting on Mo's case' I just don't think he's worth what he and his agent think he's worth - He's an exceptional player in our set up supported by lots of other top class players, some of whom rank higher in the best in the world stakes in their position than Mo does - And he isn't the Messi Benzema or Modric carry the team world beater type of player he seems to think he is or his agent has filled his head with ideas he is, he's an absolutely exceptional player, but he's not right in that very top bracket like Virgil, Alisson and Trent are for example

I think he should be more humble like Mane, accept these things, sack his agent who hugely disrespected Jurgen not that long ago, take stock that he has more than enough money for several lifetimes and why fuck up a wonderful thing out of greed and sign a reasonable and fair contract extension, based on our wage structure and what other top stars at our club are paid and are happy being paid

This season, Alisson has saved more goals than any one of our forwards have scored - I've always disapproved of this bizarre view that in a team game, where the ability of the players in every position is equally important, there is this bizarre thing about forwards getting paid more than the world's best keeper who saves more than they score or the world's top CB who prevents that keeper having to save as many, scores and assists a few himself

Mo is a bigger player than Sterling

There isn't a story behind the Sterling contract. Man City can afford to pay him whatever should they decide he's worth it.

It's kind of obvious really.

Mo has been our headline player for the last 4 seasons.

I think it's more interesting that our own fans are "turning" on him because he's going through a patch of not scoring.
    Yeah you have some good points.. I don't get the last bit ie some fans. teams are trying to stop him gives us better advantaged elsewhere.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Yeah you have some good points.. I don't get the last bit ie some fans. teams are trying to stop him gives us better advantaged elsewhere.
    Mo attracts defenders and moves them around and takes them away with his runs more than any of our other players, as we focused so much on playing down our right, his movement and runs have become important to how we play and move other sides about to create some of our opportunities, when he doesn't play, even when in poor form finishing wise, we're not as good

We need to be developing another of our player to play that role, as Miller says, Mane can't just slip into that role like he never vacated it for Mo, plus he has lost the tiny amount of pace and strength, which does affect him more playing as one of our wide/inside forwards than it will at No9, so Mane's future is most likely going to be at No9

Mo loves scoring against the mancs. Fingers crossed for Tuesday.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Mo attracts defenders and moves them around and takes them away with his runs more than any of our other players, as we focused so much on playing down our right, his movement and runs have become important to how we play and move other sides about to create some of our opportunities, when he doesn't play, even when in poor form finishing wise, we're not as good

We need to be developing another of our player to play that role, as Miller says, Mane can't just slip into that role like he never vacated it for Mo, plus he has lost the tiny amount of pace and strength, which does affect him more playing as one of our wide/inside forwards than it will at No9, so Mane's future is most likely going to be at No9
    Exactly. Mo might not be scoring but he is still playing well. His movement off the ball has been important for the way we have been playing. He's also assisting in critical goals.

There's a lot going on around him beyond his contract "talks"

I reckon he'll get at least one against the Mancs on Tuesday