Page 64 of 76 FirstFirst ... 145457585960616263646566676869707174 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign Here to Give Mo Salah Whatever the f#*k

Saying he's going to be here next season is just a short form way of saying hes leaving on a free as soon as he's able to, because the likes of PSG or Real Madrid didn't swoop in this year with a deal to buy him.

Which was never going to happen.

And the Mbappe decision to stay at PSG was the final domino that put an end to his dreams of a big money move - probably to PSG, who probably could have conceivably made a bid for him to replace Mbappe had he left for Real, because apparently the PSG chairman is a big Salah fan.

But now that's not going to happen and neither is Real making a bid for him as a consolation for missing out on Mbappe.
    They have a good enough team built around Benzema and Vinicius Jr. upfront that Mo isn't a priority for them - plus, they can simply wait out his contract to run out and get him for free next year.

Bidding what we would demand for him - and with him soon to be on the wrong side of 30, was never going to be good business for anyone wanting his services.

But it seems he's made up his mind that his time here is done, the only question of "when?" being answered now that he has no suitors.

If he wanted to stay he could have signed an extension ages ago.
    This way he gets to screw us over and out of a transfer fee while he (hopefully for him) gets a big money move.

I hope the club gets a replacement for him while he's still here just to show him we're ready to move on without him, just like they got Thiago while Gini was still doing his contract extension dance. And we all know who made out better in that situation.
    Too bad Mo (and it seems Mane as well) weren't taking note and haven't kept tabs with what happened to Gini's career after he left under similar circumstances.

The only possible positive for us is that knowing his only hope of getting that big wages deal next year will be dependent on showing any prospective suitors that he's still the best attacker in the premier league, it might motivate him to play out of his mind and produce his best football as he puts himself on the shop window.
    I would hesitate to speculate that his massive dip in form following the African Cup probably played a large role in that big money deal never materializing and any repeat in form like that next season will see him sweating the end of he season out again for prospective suitors as his contract runs out and the terms of any extension on our end probably degrading in kind.
    Last edited by Crimson Dynasty; 25th May 2022 at 06:50 PM.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Neither Mo nor Sadio cost that much in the grand scheme of things really.
    We can't begrudge either of them a huge payday if they so desire.
    In fairness, we've gotten the best years out of them and they're both 30 (Mo in June), so another year they're hitting 31 and will have played a lot of football for us and brought us a lot of joy.
    Twelve months gives plenty of time to bring a replacement in for either.
    Díaz looks to be an able replacement for Mené already...
    That's how I see it.

15/16 Bobby €41 million - 31 this october
    98 goals 74 assists

15/16 Mane €41.2 million
    120 goals 48 assists

15/16 Salah €42 million
    156 goals 63 assists

3 great servants of the club with a chane of winning a second CL title for LFC.

If they leave on free contracts there's FFP wiggle room as their market value can be written off.

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Neither Mo nor Sadio cost that much in the grand scheme of things really.
    We can't begrudge either of them a huge payday if they so desire.
    In fairness, we've gotten the best years out of them and they're both 30 (Mo in June), so another year they're hitting 31 and will have played a lot of football for us and brought us a lot of joy.
    Twelve months gives plenty of time to bring a replacement in for either.
    Díaz looks to be an able replacement for Mené already...
    Agree with this. Let's say we sell him, realistically, how much will we get for him at 30 with a year left on his contract, 40 million tops I reckon. Instead we get him for another year, he gets a big money payday (If anyone still wants to pay him what he's demanding at the end of the season.

We move on, done it before and will again.
    You are essentially an oxygen thief.

List Mo, he can go for me, I don't want him hanging around giving us 70% for a year as he has done since he threw his toys out of his pram because the club and everyone but him and his agent can see he's not in the class of player he and his agent think he is

Look at Real's run to the final, look at the chances Benzema had in the knock out phases, look at how clinical he was with them, I think he had 7 or 8 and scored with all but one of them, chances that weren't that disimilar to Mo's last night, with which he would have scored at least 2 or 3 goals off 3 or 4 chances, Mo simply isn't in that league of player, he doesn't even put his body on the line, there's no fucking excuse for him not breaking his neck to force the ball in Jota headed back across goal, even if it meant him taking a whack off Courtois or the post, it was a Champions League final for fucks sake

Millie recently said our recruitment has been so good because we don't sign knobheads, well Mo's turned into a right fucking knobhead, thinks the club and everything the lads have achieved revolve solely around him, keeps trying to turn it into the Mo Salah show, while giving us 70% at best on the pitch

We can't carry him for another season or his stupid antics making it about him like the 'revenge' bollocks that gave Real even more motivation and inspiration, list him sell him, recruit better and move on
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Mo has shown the way his performances will go towards the back end of his career, flashes of brilliance in spells but the last 4 or 5 months has not been good enough.

Our explosive front three is being dismantled. Something tells me he had an incling mane was leaving and decided to stay on for another year.

Next season I would hope to see front three of mane Jota/firmino Diaz with Salah on the bench. Let him earn his place back and the form he needs to get his massive wage desire.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Next season I would hope to see front three of mane Jota/firmino Diaz with Salah on the bench. Let him earn his place back and the form he needs to get his massive wage desire.
    He has earnt his place by scoring shitloads and assisting loads.

You not be seeing Mane he is as good as gone.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post

There are a lot less options out there at rwf.

I'd sign Dybala up as a Mo replacement and rotation option.

Left-side: Diaz/Jota/Jones
    Central: Jota/Dybala/Bobby
    Right-side: Salah/Dybala/Taki

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post

He has been off form for quite a while. He has missed shitloads and has had so many chances which were perhaps better chances if he had passed.