Page 66 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1656596061626364656667686970717273 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign Here to Give Mo Salah Whatever the f#*k

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    Mo scored 9 in the league after AFCON, Mane scored 8 so although it wasnt as good as pre AFCON form it wasnt a massive drop.
    He's actually scored 7 goals in the league after AFCON, not 9.
    He's scored 9 goals in 2022 in total, 8 of which were in the Premier league. The 8th goal (or rather, 1st of those) came BEFORE he left for AFCON against Chelsea on the 2nd of January.
    After that (in the league) he scored 7 after he returned.

The 9th goal he's scored this calendar year was in the Champions' League against Inter at the San Siro.

His goal total for the season (in the League; not counting CL) is 23.
    Which means in 2022 (post-AFCON) he's scored just a less than half as many as he scored prior to 2022 and AFCON.
    (7 goals to 16 before)

That's a big drop anyway you cut it.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Mane wasnt great until he came back from AFCON to be fair.
    Which makes sense since for a large portion of that period he was moved to the central position and became more of the focus of our attack, getting more service, rather than spending more time having to create chances for himself and for Mo or Bobby.

In a certain respect, Mo has always been the focus of our attack - even when he's struggling.
    Which makes his drop in form even more impactful.

Salah was in the form of his life.
    He hasnt had a break either played 120 mins 3 times in a week that is 4 games.
    Neither has Mane.
    They've had virtually the same minutes if you also count their AFCON and World Cup qualifying exploits.
    Why would fatigue be an excuse for one but not for the other?

As ive said many times we win/lose as a team his form dropped but isnt that to be expected.
    Does Mo know this?
    Mr. "I have a PERSONAL score to settle".
    Mr. "I set a target for how many goals I want to score every season"?
    Mr. "Draw out my contract extension drama for the entire season when I know I'm not going to sign an extension anyway and in the meanwhile put the club in a terrible position of uncertainty regarding moving forward and making plans for any post-exit future"|

Does he know that winning and losing is a team thing and not a "he" thing?
    Somehow I suspect he didn't get that memo.

He will be back im certain of it.
    Yeah, sure he will.
    Especially now that no suitors with 500k wages have materialized to swoop in for him with a big transfer deal- what with PSG holding onto Mbappe and Real realizing they can win anything without either him or Mbappe - I imagine he has no other option.

He still isn't committing to an extension or any time with us beyond next season.
    So still planning on leaving on a free and screwing over the club some more next year.

Somehow, not surprising.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Come on CD, we all feel the same to a degree but Mo has been superb for us.

His form
    Did fall off a cliff after the AFCON no doubt but it was a hammer blow, that and missing out in the WC.

Look at us since missing out on the league by 1 solitary point. That kinda stuff hurts and has an effect. For us as a club it was the instant loss in the biggest game of the season to what most seem to believe is an inferior team. It happens they are humans not robots.

He doesn’t seem to have the best PR department working upstairs but he would be a huge loss. IMO at least.
    Last edited by Steveo; 30th May 2022 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    Which makes sense since for a large portion of that period he was moved to the central position and became more of the focus of our attack, getting more service, rather than spending more time having to create chances for himself and for Mo or Bobby.

In a certain respect, Mo has always been the focus of our attack - even when he's struggling.
    Which makes his drop in form even more impactful.

Neither has Mane.
    They've had virtually the same minutes if you also count their AFCON and World Cup qualifying exploits.
    Why would fatigue be an excuse for one but not for the other?

Does Mo know this?
    Mr. "I have a PERSONAL score to settle".
    Mr. "I set a target for how many goals I want to score every season"?
    Mr. "Draw out my contract extension drama for the entire season when I know I'm not going to sign an extension anyway and in the meanwhile put the club in a terrible position of uncertainty regarding moving forward and making plans for any post-exit future"|

Does he know that winning and losing is a team thing and not a "he" thing?
    Somehow I suspect he didn't get that memo.

Yeah, sure he will.
    Especially now that no suitors with 500k wages have materialized to swoop in for him with a big transfer deal- what with PSG holding onto Mbappe and Real realizing they can win anything without either him or Mbappe - I imagine he has no other option.

He still isn't committing to an extension or any time with us beyond next season.
    So still planning on leaving on a free and screwing over the club some more next year.

Somehow, not surprising.
    Not every player is the same it is CLEAR since AFCON has fell off a cliff I said this would harm us back in Jan when our fans were saying “Its only two games” he misses well playing a major international tournament in the season should never happen.

This isn’t a Mane v Salah thing for me both are brilliant players.

It could be time to sell both who knows I hope not but I’ve noticed a few of our fans slating Salah as we didn’t bag the big one it’s ridiculous the man has been incredible for us but that’s not how fans are now they want you when you are on fire then when you have a dip it’s clearly get lost .....YNWA so,e fans need to remember that.

He is a world class player at a world class club with a world class manager that is a fact.

IMO many folks are leaning too far in one direction on this.

Let’s imagine Egypt win the Afcon the way Senagal did and then knock them out of a WC qualifying place soon after.

How badly do we think Mane’s form would have suffered? Bear in mind his form had been sketchy prior to the tournament unlike Mo who was on fire!

I am amazed at the short memories so many seem to have. So many who were calling him best in the world a few months ago seem happy for him to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

Let’s imagine Egypt win the Afcon the way Senagal did and then knock them out of a WC qualifying place soon after.

How badly do we think Mane’s form would have suffered? Bear in mind his form had been sketchy prior to the tournament unlike Mo who was on fire!

I am amazed at the short memories so many seem to have. So many who were calling him best in the world a few months ago seem happy for him to leave.
    Yup. You only need to look at the first couple of pages of this thread to see that we were pretty keen on giving him whatever he wanted. That was only October.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

I agree Steveo.

I have been said the same thing all along I want him to stay but there has to be a limit on what we pay ANY player.

I think as fans we can get wound up easily but the club will know months/year in advance what is happening with players.

Mane/Firmino havent been asked on a regular basis either about their contracts and of course Salah/agent havent helped on that score.

Its modern footy and how players/agents behave now I cant say I like it but thats how it is take a look at Haaland European tour and Mbappe.

Yep - we can't be held to ransom on silly money wages. If he stays for this season and then leaves for free it will hurt for sure, but so be it.

I think his ego would have been worse (Salah). He would be untouchable and would've expected us to meet his contract demands holding us to ransom. If you're truly enjoying your football and love the club, which lets be honest made him, then you wouldn't let your dickhead agent comment about the gaffer and making mocking tweets directed at him. Klopp is bigger than every single player out there.

The second bold statement is a such a common useless comment (no offence Steveo). No one is saying he is shit, and everyone has fond memories of him, the same we had with Coutinho, Suarez, Torres etc. I don't feel Mo's drop off is is because of the loss from AFCON and WCC. He just didn't handle the fame and "world class" status that well. He was never humble, way before his form dropped off, I had commented on his arrogance and this was really evident in interviews where it was all about him.

I despise arrogance.

CCTV mentioned that Mane had sulked his way to the number 9 position. Maybe, but why does it take a player to sulk his way to a position where he is better suited? That's on Klopp, but fair play to mane for realising where he would best be suited.

Firmino, a player that is off form, and who might be beyond going back to the lighting form he was on also had the same attitude as Mane, the team comes first. I personally know Egyptians and what happens when they are in positions of achievement. This is their way and always has been. Remember Mido? Every Egyptian player wanted to emulate him or be better than him.

Personally, and this is not on form, just attitude, id rather we lost salah than Mane.

Answering the question would have been so much more fun - the bit you have bolded is 100% not the question...and the bit you haven't is.

I find it funny when people say "no offence".. . The second bit you have bolded is surely merited when anyone looks at Mo's return for us. I am sorry if it offends you or any others but perhaps you should ask why it does.