Page 67 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1757606162636465666768697071727374 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign Here to Give Mo Salah Whatever the f#*k

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Answering the question would have been so much more fun - the bit you have bolded is 100% not the question...and the bit you haven't is.

I find it funny when people say "no offence".. . The second bit you have bolded is surely merited when anyone looks at Mo's return for us. I am sorry if it offends you or any others but perhaps you should ask why it does.
    Not offended by it and I don't think others are. It's a bizarre comment. Memories sure, but the future of the team is what interests me more than what a single player has achieved in the past.

If you had read the post better, you would have noticed I answered the bit that wasn't bolded. Seems an issue with you reading and watching things. Just like your argument that modric was instrumental in the Real goal

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Not offended by it and I don't think others are. It's a bizarre comment. Memories sure, but the future of the team is what interests me more than what a single player has achieved in the past.

If you had read the post better, you would have noticed I answered the bit that wasn't bolded. Seems an issue with you reading and watching things. Just like your argument that modric was instrumental in the Real goal
    Nothing bizarre about it at all, you seem to want to label it as a 'common useless' statement (don't hold back when not trying to offend ) when it clearly isn't and has plenty of merit..

I have also read and re read your comment and I cannot for the life of me see where you have really tried to envision what may have happened to Mane had Senegal lost out on both the Afcon and WC qualification both times on pens and both times to Egypt.

I think the entire Modric thing has got to you.. I understand if you can't watch it - it is hard for me too but I know what I see, just like our players did at the time. The mistakes don't happen sequentially by coincidence.

Anyway - it's good that you "personally know Egyptians and what happens when they are in positions of achievement.'.. I guess I should bow down to the sage.

Nothing bizarre about it at all, you seem to want to label it as a 'common useless' statement (don't hold back when not trying to offend ) when it clearly isn't and has plenty of merit..

I have also read and re read your comment and I cannot for the life of me see where you have really tried to envision what may have happened to Mane had Senegal lost out on both the Afcon and WC qualification both times on pens and both times to Egypt.

I think the entire Modric thing has got to you.. I understand if you can't watch it - it is hard for me too but I know what I see, just like our players did at the time. The mistakes don't happen sequentially by coincidence.

Anyway - it's good that you "personally know Egyptians and what happens when they are in positions of achievement.'.. I guess I should bow down to the sage.
    I genuinely don't think you know what you see, you clueless fart

Come on CD, we all feel the same to a degree but Mo has been superb for us.

His form
    Did fall off a cliff after the AFCON no doubt but it was a hammer blow, that and missing out in the WC.

Look at us since missing out on the league by 1 solitary point. That kinda stuff hurts and has an effect. For us as a club it was the instant loss in the biggest game of the season to what most seem to believe is an inferior team. It happens they are humans not robots.

He doesn’t seem to have the best PR department working upstairs but he would be a huge loss. IMO at least.
    Voice of reason.

I think the PR (from the club) around this seems to have worked. I mentioned it a few 100 posts back. It's a contract negotiation. We don't know what he asked for and what he was offered. We could have asked for £250k per week and the club said £175k. We just don't know.

His for has dipped for the first time in 5 years. Still contributed assists and a lot to our play.

Our fans are sometime myopic, ungrateful tw*ts!
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Voice of reason.

I think the PR (from the club) around this seems to have worked. I mentioned it a few 100 posts back. It's a contract negotiation. We don't know what he asked for and what he was offered. We could have asked for £250k per week and the club said £175k. We just don't know.

His for has dipped for the first time in 5 years. Still contributed assists and a lot to our play.

Our fans are sometime myopic, ungrateful tw*ts!
    Before anyone gets upset, the last bit is a general comment not aimed at CD or anyone specific. Hearing a lot of shit around Trent, Jota, Salah etc at the moment. Short memories
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Mohamed Salah prefers to join Premier League rival next summer if no new #LFC deal agreed
    Offered 15% increase on terms but wants deal to be world's sixth-best paid player

- James Pearce, The Athletic

That's a real shame if it's true.

On the surface of it, without emotion and I don't know what kind of numbers being 6th would actually mean - it sounds quite reasonable judging by his past record with the club.

That's a real shame if it's true.

On the surface of it, without emotion and I don't know what kind of numbers being 6th would actually mean - it sounds quite reasonable judging by his past record with the club.
    Being the 6th highest paid player would put him above De Bruyne's £400k per week

I suppose it comes down to whether the club feel at his age will he get back to his best? He certainly hasn’t been great for half of this season. And if he does regain some form, how long will it last? He’s asking for a lot of money if he’s bang average going forward. It is a risk, we’re not City, Newcastle or even Man Utd.