Page 75 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2565686970717273747576 LastLast

Thread: Sign Here to Give Mo Salah Whatever the f#*k

African Nations being moved from summer 2023 to Jan/Feb 2024.

Just shows they do what they like at AFCON

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    We finished bottom of that mini league last season, and, that lack of a lock picker was the key culprit for me.
    Yes because we were blessed with lock pickers in 18-19 and 19-20 when we won the Champions League and Premier League

Mane's slight loss of power and pace post Covid and no longer having that on our left was really the biggest issue

In the absence of lock pickers, a forward or forwards with the explosive pace and power to go past defenders from a standing start making a chance for themselves or others in an instant counts for a hell of a lot, it was actually Mane's slight loss of power and pace that was the difference for me

Some here have been prattling on about a lock picker for years when we were actually winning the only 2 genuine major trophies in the game then we signed a renouned one, and he can't pick a lock in the Prem to save his life as it turns out

Watched a fair amount of City last 2 seasons, there wasn't much lock picking going on in their games as they no longer play the style they did when we trounced them in 19-20 and we were better than them in 18-19 and 19-20 in both major competitions, with them playing their old style with lock pickers and they're a better and more consistent side since they ditched playing that way
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

However we would quite likely have won the title in 2019 WITH that lock picker and might not have gone out so tamely to Atletico the year we did win it. Team looked on its knees a little physically and mentally before the first lockdown. Might have been another January 2021 situation but for that delay in the season.

The addition of another attacking option is a huge bonus, especially in tight games and when you are separated by a few points. In no season during Klopp’s reign have we won more than a single major trophy and that would very likely be different. This season it could easily have been a clean sweep.

Andy Martin
    @fpl_tactician
    I know it’s boring but just a reminder that in 2022, Liverpool have now played 38 games in all competitions, Salah has started 80% of them and only scored in 8 of those matches.

Would be 6 games if you take pens away.

His levels since AFCON have fallen off a cliff. Not the same player, I was glad when we took him off last night.

He has been pedestrian at best. Doesn’t look like he knows where the goal is at all. Makes wrong decision every time.

Huge worry, but still believe he will come good. Carried us with his goals this time last year. Boy do we need him to do so again.

His loss of form is a huge concern. Where are the goals going to come from? We had Mane before, if one was off form the other would more often than not step up.
    We really have lost our reliability players through age, loss of form or departure.
    This must be a big worry got Klopp as this is much,much more than just a slow/poor start.
    Where has that team gone that played the charity shield? Its disappeared.

Man-city weren't bothered about the dart board.. we shouldn't have been either. our best 11 should have been ready for Fulham
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Man-city weren't bothered about the dart board.. we shouldn't have been either. our best 11 should have been ready for Fulham
    So true.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Andy Martin
    @fpl_tactician
    I know it’s boring but just a reminder that in 2022, Liverpool have now played 38 games in all competitions, Salah has started 80% of them and only scored in 8 of those matches.

Would be 6 games if you take pens away.
    Crazy stat. As klopp says we need to reinvent but hard to do on the fly. We really need one or two players to build team around. Not many jumping out bar Diaz.

We had a great spine the past few years. Badly missing now. We need van Dijk back on form together with Konate/Matip. Maybe Thiago and fab mid and Nunez Diaz up front to form that for this season. Not as strong previous spine though.