Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast

Thread: New Newcastle

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    if our wage bill is higher than Utd's and Chelseas, we're seriously over paying some players, probably the crooks.
    Iirc, only United are above us in the wage bill.

According to the data, Both Chelsea and Mancity have smaller wage bills than lfc.

Some believe they have managed to do this by setting some staff like stadium staff onto third party wage bills.

Other football leaks suggest they have off-book payments for their Footballers.

Others believe that players who sign up for City say, like Sterling just loved the club so much they took paycuts on contract renewals.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Not sure if you’re suggesting some kind of contradiction between the two posts? I don’t see it

The wage table has been calculated somewhere and reported. However rock solid you want it to be, it is at least an illustration of how comparisons with the net spend of Everton and Villa are misleading
    True, wages have to be considered with net spend in these discussions.

But the data about wage bills isn't exactly solid, as stated in your first post.

There are dubiously inflated self-sponsorship deals, whilst football leaks have shown that there are off the books payments to footballers, and finally differences between clubs on how wages are paid/accounted.

You can look at lfc accounts with a certain amount of reliability. Our club is looking to be ffp compliant.

Clubs that are not seeking to be ffp compliant well their bookkeeping is a little creative.

Take Sterling at City, apparently took a wage cut on his last renewal whilst having improved significantly in football terms and having a thundercunt of an agent.

well something is dodgy, they have bigger squads (and probably better quality of player outside x11) than us with some "superstars" too....

Unless like I said we're over-paying players, that never play.

The Daily Fail has gone with this

Newcastle's Saudi takeover met with FURIOUS response by Premier League rivals with some leading efforts to STOP lucrative sponsorship deals after Spurs, Liverpool, Man United and Arsenal asked top flight chiefs to block takeover

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10074359/Newcastles-Saudi-takeover-met-FURIOUS-response-Premier-League-rivals.html

I'm glad we gave henderson a nice new contract too, since then his performances have been incredible

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    well something is dodgy, they have bigger squads (and probably better quality of player outside x11) than us with some "superstars" too....

Unless like I said we're over-paying players, that never play.
    Keita and Ox drain £12.5 million from the club each year. Adrian, Phillips, Minamino and Origi is another £13.5 million. Trent seems overpaid at £180,000 per week but Mane only earns £100,000 per week.

But then again Chelsea spend £30 million a year for Kepa, Ziyech, Barkley, Hudson Odoi and Sarr who don't contribute much.

Looking at the figures online our wage bill can't be too much higher than that of City or Chelsea

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    That’s right. FFP means they can stump up whatever they like on transfer fees but their wage bill must be covered by their income. That’s why the big clubs have already been pleading with the FA to make sure they don’t create fake income streams from inflated sponsorship deals in the manner that Man City have done.
    Finally, I now understand FFP. Thanks Taksin for someone Finally making it easy to understand for plebs like me !!

All we need is Delta cabs to be bought over by a smooth talking Yank and offer us £100 million a year as our "official cab" sponsor.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    True, wages have to be considered with net spend in these discussions.

But the data about wage bills isn't exactly solid, as stated in your first post.

There are dubiously inflated self-sponsorship deals, whilst football leaks have shown that there are off the books payments to footballers, and finally differences between clubs on how wages are paid/accounted.
    I really fail to see how this can be a major phenomenon. The tax man is chasing every last penny and that is getting worse and worse every year. In the US now, they are debating a bill to highlight to the tax man any transaction anywhere of 600 dollars or more.

If you think Sterling is receiving say, £100,000 a week from an outside source, it would still have to be declared in order to avoid punishment for tax evasion. If I try to imagine how that was done, it would have to be seriously convoluted - say, a contract with Emirates for a talk he gives on life as a footballer to special guests in a hotel in Abu Dhabi. That's actually how the Clintons became millionaires so it is possible but they were still in government pulling the strings so I can't see how it would escape detection.

It's ok, there's no corruption anywhere in professional football.