Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: New Newcastle

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Did you copy and paste this straight out of the Newcastle thread on red cafe or post the exact same post on both forums?
    I'm seeme lol

Well that should … er… yeah.

Newcastle United will target four Manchester United players when the transfer window reopens in January with France striker Anthony Martial, 25, Netherlands midfielder Donny van de Beek, 24, 27-year-old Ivory Coast defender Eric Bailly and England attacker Jesse Lingard, 28, all said to be on their wishlist. (Mirror)

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post

Newcastle United will target four Manchester United players when the transfer window reopens in January with France striker Anthony Martial, 25, Netherlands midfielder Donny van de Beek, 24, 27-year-old Ivory Coast defender Eric Bailly and England attacker Jesse Lingard, 28, all said to be on their wishlist. (Mirror)
    They can have Adrian Ox and Keita while they're at it

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    They can have Adrian Ox and Keita while they're at it
    Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post

Arsenal are supposedly interested in Ox!

Apparently Adrian Chiles was interviewing members of an LGBT group (that support Newcastle) and they weren't able to manage any form of condemnation of having Saudi state owners.

It's "only" the death penalty for gayness over there like. The mental gymnastics people will perform around football beggars belief to me. Unless those interviewed had genuine concerns about being targeted, you'd have to wonder why they'd be so apathetic when given a platform to speak out.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    That UEFA case was concerning hiding or mis-attributing the nature of payments as they were presented to UEFA. They weren’t illegal payments, as far as I’m aware.They were punishable only in terms of UEFA membership.

What people are casually assuming here is that the club and the player are hiding the players income from the tax man. That is a grave offence that would be come down hard upon by the authorities - the court loves to punish tax evaders far more than it loves to punish people for grievous bodily harm, for the most part. Money is very attractive to the government.

If I’m wrong about that, I’m happy to stand corrected but just saying ‘there’s obviously corruption, man, don’t you see’ is not really cutting it.
    You're the only one assuming that these proposed means of getting cash to players must include tax avoidance.
    Players are permitted to sign endorsements, appear as guest speakers, be brand ambassadors, buy assets at a good price and sell them at a higher price, buy shares in companies....

Of course they could be evading tax also.
    Top tier sports has examples of it, even large scale unbelievable doping scandals and sex scandals.

We have the previously alleged corruption at man City.
    Emails outlining how and a desire to crush ffp.
    We have the case of Sterling taking a pay cut when his productivity was higher and wages inflate.

City for several reasons, unlike lfc are a suspect club for many people.
    As we don't suspect JWH to be using his personal wealth to subvert ffp for 2 reasons:
    1) he's desperate to see ffp enforced - CAS put an end to that
    2) he hasn't got the level of wealth or the desire to be paying players off the books.

Do you assume there is no further tax evasion, corruption, dodgy dealings beyond the historically proven incidents?
    Has it stopped?

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Apparently Adrian Chiles was interviewing members of an LGBT group (that support Newcastle) and they weren't able to manage any form of condemnation of having Saudi state owners.

It's "only" the death penalty for gayness over there like. The mental gymnastics people will perform around football beggars belief to me. Unless those interviewed had genuine concerns about being targeted, you'd have to wonder why they'd be so apathetic when given a platform to speak out.
    Maybe they didn't want to be prosecuted for a hate crime...

What percentage of saudis executions are for gayness ?

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Maybe they didn't want to be prosecuted for a hate crime...

What percentage of saudis executions are for gayness ?
    I rather fancy that the situation there would be not unlike the situation with convictions of sexual assault in the Western World, ie the extent of the issue and the accurate numerical documentation of instances are some way apart.

Also have to honestly hold my hands up and say "I don't know" in response to your question.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post

Hmmm yea... The death penalty - a hallmark of a barbaric nation..

Mental gymnastics is fun sometimes.

Doh

When money is involved all kinds of human decency goes out the window.. The US has been dealing with the Saudis for years because of the Oil.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century