Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wbc world title fury vs wilder

I'm a (very!) casual follower of Boxing and would claim to know almost diddly squat about it.

Why is Whyte being talked about as a possible opponent for Fury at some stage? Joshua made it look very comfortable in that....was it 6th+7th(?) round fight where he knocked Whyte out - and Joshua is seen as inferior to Fury in most quarters, so it seems nuts to me that Whyte would get a chance to fight Fury. In the unlikely event that he won, he could fight the winner of Usyk v Joshua 2 to contest for all the belts(?!?!) - I don't get it. Is it the "styles make fights" thing and he's seen as an appropriate match?

Don't be afraid to feel like you're being condescending when explaining it to me - I am really clueless on the subject and will happily digest even the most seemingly basic info on the subject.

Whyte is mandatory challenger for the belt Fury holds ( WBC) and is years overdue a title fight. He's easily I the top 5 heavyweights yet way poorer fighters have had title shots,some if them have had a few like Dominic Brezeale (who is shite).
    He has to negotiate a very tricky fight against Otto Wallin first though and that won't be easy. That's the reason I like Whyte, he doesn't swerve anyone.

Wilder beats aj. Fury beats usyk IMO. Aj has totally lost his bollocks

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Wilder beats aj. Fury beats usyk IMO. Aj has totally lost his bollocks
    Hes been pictured with Canelo and Eddy Reynoso ( Canelos trainer) so speculation us that he's going to split with Rob Mcracken. I think he needs to, needs a different angle on things.
    All the best have mixed it up. Fury looks brutal now under Sugarhill Steward.

Whytes fight against Wallin is off now too. Might be a swerve that so he doesn't lose his mandatory.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Yes but thry could have made step aside offer. They clearly didn't and had the public believing the undisputed fight was in for this summer when all along had no intention.
    As you say in the following post, it's unlikely worth it for wilder to step aside, same way there's no chance of aj stepping aside to leave usyk v fury.
    Think you underestimate wilder.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    As you say in the following post, it's unlikely worth it for wilder to step aside, same way there's no chance of aj stepping aside to leave usyk v fury.
    Think you underestimate wilder.
    Maybe. I just dont think he's fought anyone decent and won. Comprehensively outclassed in all 3 against Fury.
    The majority of his record is pure fodder. That's what the US fighters do, they go around the States racking up unbeaten records against tomato cans.
    The Charlo brothers are prime examples.

Maybe. I just dont think he's fought anyone decent and won. Comprehensively outclassed in all 3 against Fury.
    The majority of his record is pure fodder. That's what the US fighters do, they go around the States racking up unbeaten records against tomato cans.
    The Charlo brothers are prime examples.
    I though Fury outclassed him too, but he nearly put him away on a few occasions.
    Can take a punch and throw a punch. I get what you mean about cannon fodder, but it seems a little disrespectful.

Didn't he stop ortiz, who put Joshua away ?

Have they fought many of the same fighters ?

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    I though Fury outclassed him too, but he nearly put him away on a few occasions.
    Can take a punch and throw a punch. I get what you mean about cannon fodder, but it seems a little disrespectful.

Didn't he stop ortiz, who put Joshua away ?

Have they fought many of the same fighters ?
    Wilder KO'D Ortiz twice.
    AJ hasn't fought him, he lost to Ruiz Jr.
    They've both fought and KO'D Dominic Brezeale and Eric Molina. They are the only 2.

Wilder KO'D Ortiz twice.
    AJ hasn't fought him, he lost to Ruiz Jr.
    They've both fought and KO'D Dominic Brezeale and Eric Molina. They are the only 2.
    Cheers, must have confused ortiz with ruiz.

Be nice to see them all fight each other over the next 18-24 months.