Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wbc world title fury vs wilder

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Yep. In AJs rematch with Usyk he needs a different game plan as theres nobody who'll be able to outbox Usyk. Hes so clever. He needs to go back to what he's used to and good at,blasting people out early but even that probably won't be enough yo beat Usyk.
    Fury vs Usyk would be an intriguing fight if it comes off. Usyk could frustrate Fury with his skill.
    I'd love to see Whyte beat Fury but I don't see that happening.
    I'm reading the latest Paper talk they want AJ to step aside from his rematch and let Usyk fight Fury with AJ possibly taking on the winner.
    It also suggests AJ needs a warm up fight before his rematch.
    Also on Wilder he is not retiring and wants AJ in May 22. Interesting speculation surrounding all these fighters.
    Whyte just may not get past Otto Wallin in his next fight.Wallin gave Fury a tough time especially with the cut to Fury's eye.
    Last edited by fagin; 13th October 2021 at 07:59 PM.

Yeahnits a tough fight for Whyte but that's why I like him, he doesn't duck anyone. Takes risks because he's had to get somewhere near a well overdue title shot.
    I've read all the talk about AJ stepping aside. I'm sure Furys camp would do that for him if the boot was in the other foot.........Not. Frank Warren is the one doing all the talking. He's never had a good word for AJ so I'd doubt there would be any favours coming his way now it suits him.
    If Furys camp had been as serious about the undisputed fight as AJ and Hearn where it would have been made. There was really no need for a 3rd fight against Wilder despite how entertaining it was.

The issue with an AJ Usyk rematch is that unless AJ utilises the fact that he's the bigger man, he'll be outboxed again.
    Watching the Fury fight, he was leaning on Wilder at every opportunity given that he was 15st heavier! Wilder had nothing left to give after the 6th. If AJ does this and can land some power punches then he should win, but trying to outbox Usyk will fail again.

As for AJ Fury, the only advantage AJ has is the power of the punch (which in turn is less than Wilder's), I can't see how AJ wins that.

AJ vs Wilder, Wilder wins due to AJ's inability to take a punch.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC vs PFC View Post
    The issue with an AJ Usyk rematch is that unless AJ utilises the fact that he's the bigger man, he'll be outboxed again.
    Watching the Fury fight, he was leaning on Wilder at every opportunity given that he was 15st heavier! Wilder had nothing left to give after the 6th. If AJ does this and can land some power punches then he should win, but trying to outbox Usyk will fail again.

As for AJ Fury, the only advantage AJ has is the power of the punch (which in turn is less than Wilder's), I can't see how AJ wins that.

AJ vs Wilder, Wilder wins due to AJ's inability to take a punch.
    Agree about AJ Usyk rematch. He needs to go for it like he used to do in order to regain those belts. It's nit beyond him and for the first time he'll really be the underdog. Might work for him.
    Fury is a dirty fighter, headlock, leaning in hitting round the back of the head but he gets away with it. It's all hype train with him now though so nobody brings it up. DAZN had him in their 10 best ever heavyweights. One title defence! And against only one fighter who has to prove he wasn't a one trick pony who fought fodder for 40 something fights.

I don't see Wilder beating any of the good heavyweights, he's not a good boxer, never has been in my opinion. His pride could have seen him seriously injured on Saturday.
    I sadly don't see anyone beating Fury right now.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Yeahnits a tough fight for Whyte but that's why I like him, he doesn't duck anyone. Takes risks because he's had to get somewhere near a well overdue title shot.
    I've read all the talk about AJ stepping aside. I'm sure Furys camp would do that for him if the boot was in the other foot.........Not. Frank Warren is the one doing all the talking. He's never had a good word for AJ so I'd doubt there would be any favours coming his way now it suits him.
    If Furys camp had been as serious about the undisputed fight as AJ and Hearn where it would have been made. There was really no need for a 3rd fight against Wilder despite how entertaining it was.
    It was contractually obligated with a rematch clause, much like with Joshua.

Just a casual boxing fans, I'd say the fury wilder trilogy has been really good for the sport and setup some potentially interesting fights depending on who wins their next fights.
    Big unification fight would be the one to carry on the excitement.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Just a casual boxing fans, I'd say the fury wilder trilogy has been really good for the sport and setup some potentially interesting fights depending on who wins their next fights.
    Big unification fight would be the one to carry on the excitement.
    Even to the casual fan either fight Fury VS Wilder 3 or AJ Vs Usyk had to be the most entertaining fights we've witnessed in a long time.Hopefully it continues because Boxing in general needed an injection such as these fights provided.

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    Even to the casual fan either fight Fury VS Wilder 3 or AJ Vs Usyk had to be the most entertaining fights we've witnessed in a long time.Hopefully it continues because Boxing in general needed an injection such as these fights provided.
    Yup can see a fury v aj/usyk unification bout, then wilder v usyk/aj for the next title fight.

It was contractually obligated with a rematch clause, much like with Joshua.
    Yes but thry could have made step aside offer. They clearly didn't and had the public believing the undisputed fight was in for this summer when all along had no intention.

Yup can see a fury v aj/usyk unification bout, then wilder v usyk/aj for the next title fight.
    Wilder probably won't get a title shot for a while. There's other people in line for mandatory fights before him, he has no belt do doesn't have any leverage.
    There's only a small window of opportunity to make an undisputed fight and will probably only happen if AJ beats Usyk in the rematch I think. If Usyk still holds the belts he will surely have to take a mandatory ( the reason he actually got the AJ fight in the first place) or vacate one of the belts.