Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71011121314151617

Thread: Match Thread : Watford v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    It's not fair on the lad.

bit like ward at leicester, although a bit older he's a good keeper and never really been given much of a chance, or run in first team.... maybe some of them just don't like playing ?
    Should we get a weaker back up?

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    If we can have some domestic cup success he will get games
    Good joke

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Should we get a weaker back up?
    No but a decent enough older chap as a #2 would do, ok allison has had his injury's but most of the time it's not like goalkeepers get injured much at all.

don't think he should be on the bench for rest of his career and not progressing himself or getting more experience, match experience will improve him as a goalkeeper obviously, not sitting on the bench

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    No but a decent enough older chap as a #2 would do, ok allison has had his injury's but most of the time it's not like goalkeepers get injured much at all.

don't think he should be on the bench for rest of his career and not progressing himself or getting more experience, match experience will improve him as a goalkeeper obviously, not sitting on the bench
    Agreed and he’ll definitely leave eventually. It’s not a negative at this point though. It’s a positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    I think its helped him having to realize he'd have to fight for his place in that starting line-up, given how Jota played last season when he was healthy.

And now it's Jota who's probably realizing he's going to have to win that starting spot back, and suddenly we're the beneficiaries from that healthy competition for that Number 9 spot.
    Both players also won't expect to be no 9 before Klopp.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    The biggest plus today was were were "on it" from the start with Henderson pulling the strings getting the team going. Roll on Madrid.
    Completely agree, makes a huge difference having an actual midfielder who reads the game and can pass at No6, whatever anyone here thinks of him, he's our best in that position by a distance and his presence there makes a huge difference to how we play.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Mo's goal really reminded me of the type of goals I used to regularly score in five a side in my late 30's, although I was only playing against shit cunt Mancs who thought they could play to be fair

I'm loving Mo's stop start, body shape and disguise in his play in those tight areas of late, giving the appearance of doing one thing to do something different and go another way at the last split second, there were 2 or 3 little moves in his goal today that were all about that

The attributes of Messi's I liked the best were that same brilliant disguise through his body shape and the technique of being able to appear to be executing one type of finish to very slightly alter the position of his foot at the last split second to execute another, his body shape and appearance of going one way to go another were particularly great as was the frequency with which he kept the ball very close with each next touch and each next touch put it in a position that would allow him to go either way with either foot with the following touch
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”