Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Atletico Madrid (Champion's League)

Your team v Atletico Madrid (Champion's League)

What a result. Get Salah's contract done! Hat-trick Bobby!

.....................Alisson

Trent.....Konate....Gomez....Tsimikas

....................Fabinho

............Henderson......Ox

...Minamino............Origi......Jota

My selection might raise eyebrows but I'd like to rest a good number ahead of Man United, especially as Atletico isn't "must-win" given the group dynamic.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Def rest robbo plus Konate beside vvd maybe, but start with the 3 amigos up tront. 5 subs in CL so hopefully we can rest some of them if we're ahead.its a balance as we want to win both big prizes

Same team as today

Alisson
    Trent Matip VVD Tsimi
    Hendo Fab
    Fab4

Get an away win, ideally do the double over athleti and hope Porto can get through in second place.

United game is 5 days later and we have 5 subs to use.

Quote Originally Posted by sydenham red View Post
    its a balance as we want to win both big prizes
    It is indeed.

I guess my way of looking at it is that I'm not (too) bothered about whether we top the group or come second, provided we qualify, so I'd use one of the Atletico games to rest/rotate, as I back us to get the points we need from Porto/Milan and one of the Atletico games. 10 points is almost always enough to qualify, so we need a win and a draw from the 4 games left.

I'd back us against almost anyone in the knock-outs, think we (should!) reach them comfortably - if we could rotate on Tuesday and get a draw I'd take it. Do take the point that we have a nice gap between the Atletico and Man United games, so fingers crossed we can maximise.

I can see changes happening as well. I can see Hendo being rested and playing Milner then swapping them for Utd. Jota possibly also starting but our front 3 and looking like their old selves again so it would be hard to break up when on this form.

Think we should still try get the job done, changing the team to much v them is just going to be asking for a loss.

Got a feeling Klopp will make changes, don’t think it’s necessary with 5 days to the next game, maybe Tsimikas in for Robbo and Fab will come in, probably for Keita.

Given the chasm of difference between the last time we played a poor Watford side at Vicarage Road and today and the first leg v Atletico and the second in the Champions League the same season and the reasons for both I'd stick with Captain Fantastic Hendo at No6 all day every day of the year, we might well have landed a League and Champions League double had we done so in the 19-20 season, oh and got Matip back in for the hapless Gomez.

Alisson

Trent Matip Van Dijk Robertson

Keita Henderson Milner

Salah Firmino Mane
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

No chance Fabinho sits this one out.