Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: ManU and Ole

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Exactly - the shirt sales argument doesn't really ever stack up
    A Man U friend told me he was already paid for in increased stock exchange value. It went up immediately. Might have dropped a bit since
    Sir what is going on.. things is not going according to plan. u promiss early signing. noting happen. Man u 3 player now

Exactly - the shirt sales argument doesn't really ever stack up

Except in Ronaldo's case, it had done by mid-September with nigh on £200,000,000 in shirt sales.

"stack up" depends on what is meant by that term. In most cases shirt sales won't pay for a player but they are a huge help.

Even by September 10

https://www.sportbible.com/football/...llion-20210910 10th

Shirt sales keep shareholders happy.

What happens on the pitch is what matters to the fans.

Ronaldo will score goals no doubt but like I said when it happened he is going to stop the progress of the young talent Greenwood/Sancho/Rashford as they cant all play.

Hearing its Manchester's finest reffing the game in sunday. He cant give them an offside goal but he can buy all their dives

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Except in Ronaldo's case, it had done by mid-September with nigh on £200,000,000 in shirt sales.

"stack up" depends on what is meant by that term. In most cases shirt sales won't pay for a player but they are a huge help.

Even by September 10

https://www.sportbible.com/football/...llion-20210910 10th
    I mean that the club won't recoup the money on the transfer and wages. I guess my point is a team does not buy a player for "shirt sales" - it's a construct of the fans. Economically, it doesn't make sense. I don't believe Ronaldo was bought for shirt sales in the same way that I don't believe Minamino was bought to encourage more support in Japan.
    Last edited by vin; 19th October 2021 at 05:45 PM.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

I mean that the club won't recoup the money on the transfer and wages. I guess my point is a team does not buy a player for "shirt sales" - it's a construct of the fans. Economically, it doesn't make sense. I don't believe Ronaldo was bought for shirt sales in the same way that I don't believe Minamino was bought to encourage more support in Japan.
    I mean that the club won't recoup the money on the transfer. I guess my point is a team does not buy a player for "shirt sales" - it's a construct of the fans. Economically, it doesn't make sense. I don't believe Ronaldo was bought for shirt sales in the same way that I don't believe Minamino was bought to encourage more support in Japan.
    Ooooooooooh, spooky

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Ooooooooooh, spooky
    Using up the post count!

Seems to be an issue with the forum. Getting a bunch of errors when posting

Seems to be an issue with the forum. Getting a bunch of errors when posting
    Ironically since Gary turned up.

Yep, defo the long threads fault.

No comment sirs.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 19th October 2021 at 06:47 PM.

I see you added wages in there too as they have already payed for his fee.

I haven’t seen anyone suggest that shirt sales alone would ever pay for both, for everything, but if you get a world class player - even one at the wrong end of his career - and the money you make on shirt sales covers his fee and a huge chunk of his salary (as in Ronaldo’s case) then I would say it definitely can stack up.

Look at what we have payed to date on Keita and Oxlade. How many shirts do we think they have helped shift?