Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: ManU and Ole

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I see you added wages in there too as they have already payed for his fee.

I haven’t seen anyone suggest that shirt sales alone would ever pay for both, for everything, but if you get a world class player - even one at the wrong end of his career - and the money you make on shirt sales covers his fee and a huge chunk of his salary (as in Ronaldo’s case) then I would say it definitely can stack up.

Look at what we have payed to date on Keita and Oxlade. How many shirts do we think they have helped shift?
    To pay for his fee they had to sell a world record amount of shirts. Only a handful of players could replicate that for any club and the chances are they'd be joining clubs where money didn't matter i.e. PSG, Man City etc.

I've often seen fans comment that "shirt sales will make up for the fee" but if a club is getting anywhere between 1.50 to 5.00 per sale (5 being down to the negotiating power of the club and predicted volume of sales) then it just isn't going to happen.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Steveo you do surprise me with your shirt sales talk you been linking up with Werner & Henry 😂😂

I doubt Van de Beek’s shifting many shirts either.

But Salah is

Quote Originally Posted by Joetan991 View Post
    Can his shirt cover his wages?
    heard Man U only get 5 pound back per shirt, the rest goes to Addidas.
    I actually meant the wider picture of it, as in worldwide merchandising through a greater audience and expanding markets created by bringing the old has been back, built over time, not specifically ROnaldo shirt sales
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Really open first 15 at old Trafford culminating in a well worked opening goal for the visitors,
    Utd 0-1 Atalanta

Oh Dear.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

28 minutes in and you can hear a pin drop in the old Trafford library as the Atalanta CB rises like a salmon to meet the visitors’ corner and plant a second goal into the back of De Gea’s net.
    Utd 0-2 Atalanta

Utd at this moment in time are bottom of their group.

They’ll come back and win this. They have to, for all our sakes or Ole is getting the boot

Yeah but there's some really nice new hair styles on show. Write whats important
    Once a Red,
    you'll never walk alone

Why is Ronaldo out wide ? He's 30 bloody 6 !!