Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: What you watched last - good or bad

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Is he leaving of his own accord? To do different things maybe?
    You're right about soccer Saturday. It's been shite since the old guard left.
    Or are we just really old?

I was reading a bit of trivia about midsoner murders. Apparently Joyce Barnaby persuaded her detective hubby to move away from that area following a spate of recent murders. Hilarious!
    I am surprised that not every house in that area is up for sale! Script writers?

Is Spiderman: homecoming worth watching?
    Started watching it on BBC (I think) - looks a bit shit to me, compared to the Toby Maguire films.
    Any thoughts?
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Is Spiderman: homecoming worth watching?
    Started watching it on BBC (I think) - looks a bit shit to me, compared to the Toby Maguire films.
    Any thoughts?
    It's the best of the 3 in my opinion. I find Holland irritating. Keaton is really good as Vulture.
    I don't think any of the Spiderman movies are as good as they could have been. Hes undoubtedly Marvel biggest star character yet none of the movies do him justice.
    The Batman movies ( first Keaton,Nolan trilogy and the new one) put Marvel into the shade. Different class.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyboy View Post
    I'm not really into any of this modern bollocks tbh.....Just finished the 1st series again(1st time for a number of years) of Auf Wiedersehen Pet....Hard to beat...Wey aye ya buggers!!...
    Watched it back in the 80s. Not seen it since. I was surprised to find out today that Kevin Whately was the elder but for Pat Hogan. Always thought he was like the baby in the group! Actual age wise!

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Installed a ceiling fan. Just watching it go round makes me feel cool. It is 1.3m in diameter. My ceiling is just a little more than 3m high. Lowest speed makes the whole room cool. Highest speed is too much despite the high temperature. Only 60watt max power consumption including the light. Recommend!
    The fan has been brilliant through these very hot days. Low energy consumption and I can reverse the motor for the winter months to help move the rising heat away from the ceiling.Cooler all round right now in the room and big savings on energy hopefully. My wife is impressed thus far. No need for A/C. I will let you know how it pans out in the winter months when I reverse the motor direction

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Watched it back in the 80s. Not seen it since. I was surprised to find out today that Kevin Whately was the elder but for Pat Roach..Always thought he was like the baby in the group! Actual age wise!

Fixed for you....Classic quote from Bomber....'A few strapping wenches in gaily coloured frocks....That'll do Bomber!'.....

BBC iPlayer film "The Train" - atmospheric world war 2 film based in France,1944.
    Burt Lancaster in the lead. Story about the Nazis trying to transport (steal) France's art treasures to Germany.
    Cracking film.
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    BBC iPlayer film "The Train" - atmospheric world war 2 film based in France,1944.
    Burt Lancaster in the lead. Story about the Nazis trying to transport (steal) France's art treasures to Germany.
    Cracking film.
    Indeed Redebreck!
    Saw it first time around as a kid with my dad and re watched it many times since!

That Jeffery Dahmar was a bit of a rascal.