Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: What you watched last - good or bad

Been watching Red Dwarf for a couple of days.
    Available on UK TV Play / Dave

Can be viewed on computer/TV/smartphone (I believe)

https://youtu.be/IoHhim3CF0A
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Netflix
    Peaky Blinders 10/10
    Narcos 1&2 10/10
    Breaking bad 10/10
    The Crown 9/10

House of cards 9/10
    (Don't bother with last season ... no frank)

Ray Donovan 9/10
    You 9/10

The Marvels
    Punisher 9/10
    Luke Cage 8

Daredevil 7.5
    Jéssica J 7
    Iron fist 6

Ozark 8
    Casa papel 9
    Top boy 9
    Californication 9

Last kingdom 8
    Vikings 8

10 pour cent 8
    Lupin 8
    Dirty John 8
    Sex education 8
    Designated 8
    Scandal 7

After life 7
    Stranger things 7
    13 reason s why 7
    100 ..... 7

Black mirror 6

I came by - a bit of a real life horror movie set in London. Quite good though funnily enough most of the characters are flawed sjws. Worth a watch 👍

Vikings Valhalla - season 2 girl power - watchable at best, even better give it a skip.
    A tragic effort after the vikings tv series. Just leaves me wanting to watch the original series which had some bad ass bitches. Some awful main characters, particularly freydis.

The crown - interesting cast of characters - princess anne seems quite cool - princess Margaret played by HelenaBonhamCarter seemed totally at odds with the younger actress - Charles, you'd drown him in a bathtub - didn't realise Philip was such a philanderer, Diana comes off as a right bore and the Queen seems most mundane in a charming way.
    Declines with each passing season, perhaps due to the arrival of younger members.
    Got to the start of the season with middle/older aged Charles but haven't gone back to it yet as it's like watching a migrane.

Benidorm - very enjoyable and entertaining, recently got a 50c coin with a benidorm red dragon branded sticker attached. Now residing in my collection of treasures.

Cost a concordia - a fun and fascinating documentary by internet historian, a youtuber,.telling the tale of the ships crash in the Mediterranean. A great wee channel.

Just been rewatching Fringe just finished season 4. one more to go
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Close to the end of my first "cycle"of chemotherapy, so I've been resting quite a bit recently.
    Came across a good BBC Series from 2003 on UK TV / Dave - "State Of Play".
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_Play_(TV_series)
    The Yanks made a film of the same name in 2009, I think it was, with Ben Affleck and Russell Crowe.
    Yank film storyline is similar but not as much meat to it (90-120 minutes compared to 360 minutes plus).
    Mystery/Thriller - right up my street.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Close to the end of my first "cycle"of chemotherapy, so I've been resting quite a bit recently.
    Came across a good BBC Series from 2003 on UK TV / Dave - "State Of Play".
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_Play_(TV_series)
    The Yanks made a film of the same name in 2009, I think it was, with Ben Affleck and Russell Crowe.
    Yank film storyline is similar but not as much meat to it (90-120 minutes compared to 360 minutes plus).
    Mystery/Thriller - right up my street.
    Hope the chemo is going alright Redeb ?

2 weird recommendations

I'd recommend getting the entire Adam West batman tv series on dvd if you've time to spare in recovery.

And on golden pond if you want to drift off with a less intense/surreal theme

Used to be my Sunday recovery viewing after a rough weekend, when the brain was drained

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Hope the chemo is going alright Redeb ?

2 weird recommendations

I'd recommend getting the entire Adam West batman tv series on dvd if you've time to spare in recovery.

And on golden pond if you want to drift off with a less intense/surreal theme

Used to be my Sunday recovery viewing after a rough weekend, when the brain was drained
    I can remember watching some of the Adam West Batman series (was it in the 60s/70s?) - they were nicely light-hearted.
    I really enjoyed the "recent" films with Christian Bale - meaty.
    Chemo's up and down, I occasionally feel shit but mostly OK (ish!) - thanks for asking. The football, and this forum, keep my spirits up a lot. I've just bought a Liverpool Echo publication - Kings of Europe, celebrating 50 years of LFC in Europe. Really enjoy reading it - some good memories. I'm 69 so have some great memories to look back on.
    Thanks, CCTV.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    I can remember watching some of the Adam West Batman series (was it in the 60s/70s?) - they were nicely light-hearted.
    I really enjoyed the "recent" films with Christian Bale - meaty.
    Chemo's up and down, I occasionally feel shit but mostly OK (ish!) - thanks for asking. The football, and this forum, keep my spirits up a lot. I've just bought a Liverpool Echo publication - Kings of Europe, celebrating 50 years of LFC in Europe. Really enjoy reading it - some good memories. I'm 69 so have some great memories to look back on.
    Thanks, CCTV.
    Good to hear Redeb, sounds like you are taking the chemo relatively well and are in good spirits. Hopefully you get the all clear and get to build on those great memories.
    Some of you older lads have obviously seen LFC at its greatest and nice you've seen Klopp bring back the PL title and no6.
    Those batman episodes are funny as fuck and very light hearted and comical. The dark Knight series was excellent, still second to the kerpow era for me.

Watched 'The Martian' surprisingly entertaining
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I watched a film called "Vengeance" on Amazon. It's a directorial debut from a BJ Novak (The Office). Didn't really know what to expect but it was unexpectedly good.

Trailer: https://youtu.be/1GT1jFsNnPw

Also, I've been watching Breaking Bad while on the treadmill. I didn't watch it when it came out. I think it's a really good story.
    Last edited by vin; 24th April 2023 at 04:44 PM.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"