Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: What you watched last - good or bad

Just watched "Jexi", on Amazon Prime.
    Amusing little film, highlights the dangers of mobile/smart phones.
    Well worth a view!

Just started to rewatch game of thrones.. finished season 1. Joffrey is still a little shit. great series by the way
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Ghostbusters: Afterlife - 7/10

A nice homage to the orignal film. Maybe too many easter eggs and call backs but overall a solid effort.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Ghostbusters: Afterlife - 7/10

A nice homage to the orignal film. Maybe too many easter eggs and call backs but overall a solid effort.
    Saw the girls ghostbusters over Christmas, got a lot of criticism at its release thought it was easy enough watching, though the characters were a little more odd.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    The green mile was on channel 5 last night. I'd seen it when it came out and I knew it was good but I forgot it was " THAT" good.
    Great movie but not one I'd rewatch that often.
    That Billy the kid character was a right bastard.

Spiderman NWH. I'm in a small minority here but to me it was a huge disappointment. Boring in the middle and a pretty meh battle at the end.
    Got around to watching Endgame though and was well impressed, I'd got a little tired of Marvel movies but this is great. Captain Marvel is absolutely next level beauty.

Started watching Book of Boba Fett. 2 episodes in and its as awesome as I would expect from the same team who write and direct Mando.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Spiderman NWH. I'm in a small minority here but to me it was a huge disappointment. Boring in the middle and a pretty meh battle at the end.
    Got around to watching Endgame though and was well impressed, I'd got a little tired of Marvel movies but this is great. Captain Marvel is absolutely next level beauty.

Started watching Book of Boba Fett. 2 episodes in and its as awesome as I would expect from the same team who write and direct Mando.
    Kid loved the new spiderman and felt it was action packed.

For me it was a bit weird in that it felt like a group therapy session for the spidermxn and very much like a Hollywood direction on the superhero universe.

Tom Holland decrying a lack of diversity in the aftermath, spiderlass I suppose needed and in the film they pondered where's the black spiderman, Miles Morales.

So there's a very Hollywood feel to the film for me. Even the direction of we need to cure the badmxn rather than to fight them. A desire to eradicate the concept of evil when it comes to psychopathic criminal minds.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Kid loved the new spiderman and felt it was action packed.

For me it was a bit weird in that it felt like a group therapy session for the spidermxn and very much like a Hollywood direction on the superhero universe.

Tom Holland decrying a lack of diversity in the aftermath, spiderlass I suppose needed and in the film they pondered where's the black spiderman, Miles Morales.

So there's a very Hollywood feel to the film for me. Even the direction of we need to cure the badmxn rather than to fight them. A desire to eradicate the concept of evil when it comes to psychopathic criminal minds.
    Yeah I know what you mean. If they were going to do the whole multivesrse thing ( something Im not overly loving) then Spider Gwen and Morales should have been in but an Into the Spiderverse sequel is due out this year.
    I'm not keen on Holland, I find him irritating whereas Garfield and Maguire I like.
    My kids thought it was amazing, Im.in a small minority I know.
    I just don't see it up there with the best MCU movies. I've felt for a while that there's too much quantity over quality with the MCU movies now.

on sky news i see a man has been found in england living in nothing more than a garden shed as a slave for 40 years.
    the master gets 9 months prison deferred for 18 months.
    how could this ever have happened.
    that man now is finding out how to wash toilet etc. and is apparently catching up on the world cups he has missed.
    Quite a story

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    on sky news i see a man has been found in england living in nothing more than a garden shed as a slave for 40 years.
    the master gets 9 months prison deferred for 18 months.
    how could this ever have happened.
    that man now is finding out how to wash toilet etc. and is apparently catching up on the world cups he has missed.
    Quite a story
    He's lucky it wasn't last year he was found or he'd have had to stay in there 🤣🤣