Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: What you watched last - good or bad

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    on sky news i see a man has been found in england living in nothing more than a garden shed as a slave for 40 years.
    the master gets 9 months prison deferred for 18 months.
    how could this ever have happened.
    that man now is finding out how to wash toilet etc. and is apparently catching up on the world cups he has missed.
    Quite a story
    Appalling prison sentence.

He was there from 18. He is now 58.
    I think the master is now dead but his son is involved.
    Wonder who he supports regarding world cups.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/feb/04/uk-man-given-suspended-prison-sentence-for-exploiting-victim-of-slavery

Just watched "Greed" with Alan Partridge.
    Superb film, very illuminating.

The Tinder swindler.
    Bloody hell he's some boy, and still filling his boots.
    Amazing what you can get away with if you're confident enough.

I'd probably like it if they made more pre-mobile phones and internet films and series, a lot of things were better pre mobile phones and internet
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I'd probably like it if they made more pre-mobile phones and internet films and series, a lot of things were better pre mobile phones and internet
    Literally everything was better before smart phones, they've ruined so many things. People say its better for things like streaming etc but for me personally I rarely watch movies now whereas when I was in my teens and into early 30s I'd watch them regularly.
    I had hundreds of VHS and Dvd's of classic movies. I used to love going to places like HMV or virgin megastore and taking my time to pick some movies. You'd spend uninterrupted time watching them, taking time to watch everything in the movie,characters,script,scenes etc. No distractions. All part of the movie experience. Streaming doesn't do that for me now, there's too much choice if that makes sense?
    Last edited by teesred; 21st February 2022 at 09:02 AM.

Peter Rabbit! Hilarious!
    Watched it with my wife!
    I do not think I can ever watch a war film again.
    I tried Kelly's heros shortly after and though attemptingly comical, for me the world has changed now.
    Kelly's heros? No!
    Peter Rabbit? Yes!

Million Dollar Baby - gritty story and a movie masterpiece.

Some great deep thoughts explored through simple messages via the heroic tragedy.

Emotionally, a scatter-bomb, feelings obliterated in all directions.

Seen it before, loved it, rate it, even got cut watching it.
    Reminds me of watching into the west, as a kid.

10/10

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Yeah I know what you mean. If they were going to do the whole multivesrse thing ( something Im not overly loving) then Spider Gwen and Morales should have been in but an Into the Spiderverse sequel is due out this year.
    I'm not keen on Holland, I find him irritating whereas Garfield and Maguire I like.
    My kids thought it was amazing, Im.in a small minority I know.
    I just don't see it up there with the best MCU movies. I've felt for a while that there's too much quantity over quality with the MCU movies now.
    Never got on my radar, that's an animated film/series, right ? Think they'd have to had an actual movie to get in on the act.

Spider Gwen the lack of invention is astounding. As said it had too much hollywood politics in it for my liking.

I'd put lego batman up against most of the big budget marvel/superhero genre. A great laugh 😃 All good movies start in black...

"As good as it gets" again, still very funny
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”