Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jurgen's comments on the last international call ups

Jurgen's comments on the last international call ups

I thought Jurgen made a bit of a tit of himself with his comments on Gomez to be perfectly frank, Gomez isn't a good defender, he's never been or likely to be a good defender, unless he has a successful loan spell at a team in which he has to do an awful lot of actual defending.

For me Gomez and Fab are two of those players a manager has incredible favouritism for and towards that the vast majority of people really don't understand and/or isn't backed up by their performances or the results or their contribution towards results when they play.

Stones has his moments and makes errors, far fewer now, only rare lapses, he is a much better defender than Gomez, just miles better, he's better in the air in both boxes, scores goals from set pieces and a far better passer of the ball than Gomez too, he'd be a much better defender for us to have in our ranks than Gomez is, he'd actually be useful

Jurgen moaning than Stones got picked and played and Gomez didn't, honestly, just shows how incredibly blind he is to Gomez's limitations, Hendo and Fab were both better in the games they played at CB last season, especially when they had to read the game and do actual real defending than Gomez has ever been, as was Phillips
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Agenda much??. How has he favoured Gomez? when hes been fit hes not been played ahead of Virgil and Matip and its unlikely he play ahead of Konate either.
    Dont get me started on Fabinho. You do seem to realize since he got back into midfielder we havent actually lost a league game? He makes errors. so does every player. Again its just your agenda to prove your ego right.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

as for Fabinho being better at centre back last season he was terrible and made countles errors.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    as for Fabinho being better at centre back last season he was terrible and made countles errors.
    Gomez is the only player we have who can play right along the back line, though that sometimes goes against a player, not settling into a certain position.

I believe Klopp was pointing out the two faced nature of the game.

He is right Southgate did say it and then picked Stones, but I believe it is beef due to waistcoat picking Gomez last year when Klopp asked him no to....5 days later Joe is out for 8 months.

ESL unfair to smaller teams ? True.

Was it fair for Watford to refuse to move the game so we can have our players available ?

Also if Watford had their way we wouldnt have a title either dont forget that.

Then last night we had G.Nev talking about Saudi Arabia being good for game as spotlight on them...aka I want dirty blood money at United.

If you dont get what Klopp was saying you never will

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Gomez is the only player we have who can play right along the back line, though that sometimes goes against a player, not settling into a certain position.
    Yeah thats true, hes there to fill in spots. I like Gomez a lot. he just need a long period to get back into form. and hes not gonna get it right..I thought he was showing signs of that an the end of last season.
    Like i say i like him a lot. But i think we have better centre backs ahead of him. But hes good enough over all.

Yeah thats true, hes there to fill in spots. I like Gomez a lot. he just need a long period to get back into form. and hes not gonna get it right..I thought he was showing signs of that an the end of last season.
    Like i say i like him a lot. But i think we have better centre backs ahead of him. But hes good enough over all.
    Indeed, injuries haven't helped him either, some take longer than others to come back to their original level.

I just find Nineteenx need to prove himself a bit of a ego trip..I have my doubts on some players. Ive expressed my opinion on Firmino.But i wouldnt carry on about him all the time. To me he looks in better shape so far this season when hes played.
    Better shape meaning he looks more attuned, rather than physically. He like all the players have a good work ethic.

I dont wanna win the league every season (would be nice ). but its not possible. If we manage to win another title and a couple of cups under Klopp before he goes. I know i would be very happy with that.. hes doing a great job and so far this season. we havent lost yet . Need to improve and get better and we wont be far off.

I just find Nineteenx need to prove himself a bit of a ego trip..I have my doubts on some players. Ive expressed my opinion on Firmino.But i wouldnt carry on about him all the time. To me he looks in better shape so far this season when hes played.
    Better shape meaning he looks more attuned, rather than physically. He like all the players have a good work ethic.

I dont wanna win the league every season (would be nice ). but its not possible. If we manage to win another title and a couple of cups under Klopp before he goes. I know i would be very happy with that.. hes doing a great job and so far this season. we havent lost yet . Need to improve and get better and we wont be far off.
    He's wasted on here, he should be in the dug out each week, putting Klopp right on what he's doing wrong. Though in reality, he wouldn't have a clue himself given the opportunity.

Dont get me started on Fabinho. You do seem to realize since he got back into midfielder we havent actually lost a league game? He makes errors. so does every player.
    We have drawn a few though, 3 already this season with his lapses and poor reading of the game and positional sense and lack of distribution playing a part in all 6 of those dropped points. This team played at the highest levels it ever has during the period he was out in the 19-20 season, ever since he was included again, going back to the 19-20 season onwards, this team has never got anywhere near to the levels it was performing at

If you play a pressing and counter pressing game, you can't have a No6 who is actually a destroyer and constantly charges to where the ball is and that press and counter press function at it's very highest levels. It's not my opinion, it just won't ever be as good
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”