Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Atletico Madrid v Liverpool

Simeone is a piece of shit. He'd have shook hands had he won.

We often struggle against ten men, which I find strange
    Griezman's foot high on Bobby was almost identical to Sadio's red against Jizzfest's keeper. Nailed on red card, for me.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Great win that is all that matters.

How the f*ck can McManaman and Walton day it was a pen never in a million years.

Its never gonna be easy amd so it proved.
    Disagreed with the red card too. It was a red all day.

FT 3-2 Up the bum job done. a comprehensive bumming administered, Alisson MOTM, not our best display by any stretch of the imagination, we can pick fault with some of what the players did or didn't do at times, some of it was sloppy, or too casual, but honestly, I think Simeone got the better of Jurgen with his tactics for the majority of that game

They constantly got 5v3 against our midfield following one of our attacks breaking down and Jurgen never got a handle on it or managed to stop it and it was happening because Mane and Salah were both central when most of our attacks broke down, so when their wing backs quickly pushed forwards, no-one was going with them, and there was good variation of movement from their wingbacks in that too, they weren't constantly looking to spring down the line, sometimes it was central with one of their midfielders assuming the wide position to be there quicker - That and the 2 games in 19-20 are definitely ones Jurgen and his staff need to suffer studying, as tactics wise, Simeone has done him the last 3 meetings

As ever, all the focus on the next game, administering a bumming, getting the win and another absolutely vital 3 points
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Griezman's foot high on Bobby was almost identical to Sadio's red against Jizzfest's keeper. Nailed on red card, for me.
    The high foot was, but I think Sadio's foul on Ederson was when he was on his own with the keeper going for the ball. Both harsh if you ask me. Had they had 11 men, we might not be coming away with all three points. As CD says, lucky to have Allison in our ranks

Wow, what a tense game.

We were not great but had balls of steel to come through that. Not bigger than the Ref’s balls mind, who got all 3 of the main decisions absolutely spot on.

Motm joint between Alisson and the ref

What a sore cunt loser!
    Just like his Cunt loser team.

I just seen the snub of Klopp's handshake offer.

Let's bum these thugs when they come to Anfield.
    I hate these shithouses along with their bellend of a manager.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

What a shithouse team. Wouldn't want to play against them every week. Ironically they do have some very technically gifted players but they are so focused on gamesmanship, diving, surrounding the ref etc that they don't really have a period of really playing to their best.
    Imagine playing that lot in a one off final. They are even worse than Real in my opinion.
    And we've always known what a c u next Tuesday Simeone is, since he got Beckham sent off for nothing in the world cup.

Probably the best way to beat these.

Scrappy, played shit, arguably didn't deserve it. They have a peno over turned
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Well, against a full side you might have a team penned in, someone is usually positioned for an outball, versus a situation where everyone is committing to giving an extra 10% each and giving everything to defensive actions rather than letting their minds drift to the counter.

I think it's relatively normal to struggle to break a side down in those circumstances, though certain sides that are used to monopolising possession and having super technical players often find a way. Our..."DNA"....if you will is still geared towards counters and counter-press situations creating opportunities, whereas I'd generally fancy a side like Pep's City to "pick a lock" more than us.