Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Atletico Madrid v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Think Naby needs to come off at HT scored a brilliant goal, but he's all over the place in the press and hugely culpable in both their goals
    Still he lasted until HT this time in Madrid !

Need Fab on in his place to tighten up well he is the only option as Ox wont like this game

Jota to rescue it late on after a cross from Kostas

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    ....and an ear.

I hear Iron Mike is a Liverpool FC admirer.
    No, seriously.
    Incredible fighter and though Ali is the greatest - Prime Mike Tyson - beats all comers.

Very good contest this one, very good tactical battle too, thought both the goals we conceded were soft, Keita most culpable for the first, Virgil absolutely sleeping for the second, Atletico are playing 532 letting us have it, then springing quickly to 352 with the extra width in midfield easily outnumbering our 3 in there, so we need to make adjustments maybe one of the FB stay one goes, one of the wide forwards not as advanced the other side, needs to be some adjustment so we can have 5 in midfield as quickly as Atletico are springing it

Over the Jurgen to work his HT magic, address that issue, make sure we're much better second half, administer a bumming, get the win and another absolutely vital 3 points
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Sorry but Keita cannot disguise how poor he is with the occasional spectacular goal. He’s nowhere near good enough. The midfield and defence has been terrible, they should all offer Alisson their week’s wages, he’s the only thing stopping us from conceding 4 goals in 20 minutes.
    Absolutely terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Incredible fighter and though Ali is the greatest - Prime Mike Tyson beats all comers
    And so far, Alli is the greatest in this game, at least.

Now can we get Mike a shirt and get him to get that midfield some mettle?
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Suarez isn’t even on the pitch yet.

Hmm - we would all bite an arm off for a draw here.
    Obviously seeing the match pan out this way is annoying, but I would have taken a draw before the game, though in fairness in my mind that would have been with a weakened (rotated) side for the weekend.

Losing this at full strength would feel a real waste.

Switched off after Keita's goal.

Keita hasn't been solid at defending in the crucial rcm berth and it's shown. Surprised we didn't see him and Milner swap flanks.

4231 would solve a lot our issues tonight as I see it

Hendo Milner
    Keita Bobby Mane
    Salah

Should be better second half..

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Obviously seeing the match pan out this way is annoying, but I would have taken a draw before the game, though in fairness in my mind that would have been with a weakened (rotated) side for the weekend.

Losing this at full strength would feel a real waste.
    Maybe its for the best that this game is tougher than we thought and not the routine walk in the park some might have imagined.

That Watford game did us no favours.
    They were so shambolic that not only did it hide our still persistent flaws, it also got some players to get into their heads that this is how games were going to be moving forward.

Better to be brought crashing back down to Earth before we play the Mancs who will no doubt be looking to turn their own mess around and give Ole his security blanket win.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Fab on, Hendo to the right
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"