Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Man United

Can see a 2-2 here but we could really do without dropping any more points to the poorer teams right now.

Back 5 and Salah,
    Plus 5 from from Hendo Fab Milner Jota Mane firmino

Have a feeling that if Utd lose to Atalanta and then to us, Ole will be gone. There seems to be a subtle mood change among the media, even Gary Neville is talking him down now. If they lose tonight then its hard for them to go further in the lucrative CL. And if they lose to us then next seasons CL also looks quite difficult. You'd have to say West Ham and Leicester look a better bet for the top four. I think all that matters to their owners is the financial gravy train of being in the Champions league.

Alright then you barstewards, to make you all happy and as long as he damned well sits and plays in that 20x20 yard area in front of our 2 CBs and doesn't vacate it going charging way over to the left or right getting involved in things we already have 2 players dealing with

Alisson

Trent Matip Van Dijk Robertson

Henderson Fabinho Milner

Salah Firmino Mane

I expect our lads to administer a deep penetrating comprehensive bumming, get the win and another absolutely vital 3 points

Mane and Mo both playing in the areas in between their full backs and CBs and looking to make inside out runs to be released in behind their full backs or outside in runs from moving towards their full backs in the build up to be released in behind their CB when they receive the ball. The filthy also had a lot of difficulty with Atalanta's dinked balls in from deep wide right, which Trent is far better at than Atalanta's players and our forwards are better at getting on the end of
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Is Jones not likely to be fit?

Not sure but I doubt he'll start even if he is.

Dont like that yellow away kit. we concede to many goals wearing it.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I can see them playing really compact and pushing the fullbacks in and trying to compact the centre of the pitch.
    I hope we learn and not play the ball long. we'll just keep giving the ball away.. we need to try and use the width. But get players in the box when the ball is crossed from wide an hopefully deep in their full back area.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Not sure but I doubt he'll start even if he is.
    Perhaps not but we will be needing him off the bench at a minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I can see them playing really compact and pushing the fullbacks in and trying to compact the centre of the pitch.
    I hope we learn and not play the ball long. we'll just keep giving the ball away.. we need to try and use the width. But get players in the box when the ball is crossed from wide an hopefully deep in their full back area.
    Trent can cross the ball but Robbo seems to have forgotten that part of his game.