Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Man United

I’d play Tsimikas

I’ll play tiddlywinks behind the sofa.

Are you having that one Ian

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    I’d play Tsimikas
    In all seriousness I really want to see a game this season where Tsimi and Robbo both play that left side. Even if it's just one game - sometimes you get these little "what if..." things I'd love to try - under Brendan I always wanted to see how Sakho and Agger would do together, just bloody once - as you'd very rarely see two left-footed centre-backs and they both enjoyed a passing game.

Tsimikas has an incredible cross on him, Aurelio-esque, plus has that wonderful tenacity that (so far) doesn't "boil over" akin to a Bellamy or a Suarez. I do hope he gets a run of matches at some stage.

I don't think Tsimikas defends as well or carries the ball as well as Robbo, I do think that he is a better crosser and corner taker and that unlike Robbo, if he is released in good space wide left without any support to take players away for him, he can still produce crosses and balls into the box of the highest quality.

I think Robbo used to do that and can do that and has the ability to, I think maybe he has become to used to the couple of seasons he played where he always had closer support and had options and players making runs to give him more time to measure his ball in.

I guess it's kind of difficult going back to how things used to be when you've spent 2 years of things being better and, well, easier, but that's what Robbo needs to do. On last season's form and this season's so far, no way Robbo puts in that ball for Mo's headed goal in the 3-1 v City, but every chance Tsimikas does in the same position
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I see that manc Taylor is going to be the ref of Sunday
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I don’t know how that happens or how we accept it

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I see that manc Taylor is going to be the ref of Sunday
    Oddly enough, this is the least concerned I have ever been about that kind of situation.

Let's say he really is a Man United fan - a proper one - he'll know for the long-term good of their club that Ole probably needs to go, so he'll have to give us a few decisions to edge Solskjaer closer to the exit door

Sincerely though, 7 away games in a row where we have scored 3 goals. I think it will be a lower-scoring game based on how Ole tends to set them up for these, but if we play to anything like our best, we should win.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Oddly enough, this is the least concerned I have ever been about that kind of situation.

Let's say he really is a Man United fan - a proper one - he'll know for the long-term good of their club that Ole probably needs to go, so he'll have to give us a few decisions to edge Solskjaer closer to the exit door

Sincerely though, 7 away games in a row where we have scored 3 goals. I think it will be a lower-scoring game based on how Ole tends to set them up for these, but if we play to anything like our best, we should win.
    He wont give us a few decisions he will give them iffy free kicks all the time. any contact on Ronaldo it will be given.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    He wont give us a few decisions he will give them iffy free kicks all the time. any contact on Ronaldo it will be given.
    Very possible, but hey, on the bright side, we beat them 4-2 on their patch without Mane starting and with a centre-back pairing of Rhys Williams and Nat Phillips last season, whereas this season (assuming training goes off injury-free) we'll have the option to play Mane and to use Van Dijk+Matip (with Gomez and Konate available if Jürgen so wishes to change one) at a time when Salah is in red-hot form.

Taking nothing for granted and it's tough getting victories there (hence the 7-year gap between the 4-2 and the 3-0 under Rodgers) but we're in a good spot. Goalkeepers all fit, defenders all fit, attackers all fit - just our midfield that's a bit limited right now and United's midfield is poor, so we should have enough.

We have got an extra day's rest than them, so it's not all one way.