Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 232627282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Man Utd v Liverpool

They will always score/create as they have good attacking players.

The result yesterday is a horror show but it comes off the back of Leicester ripping them apart and them having a bad half against Atalanta.

He is bound to get the chop soon he has spent £400m and got them nowhere.

He has no real style or system and that will cost him.

I agree with Nineteen about Frank/Potter being a decent shout for them but they not do that.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    They will always score/create as they have good attacking players.

The result yesterday is a horror show but it comes off the back of Leicester ripping them apart and them having a bad half against Atalanta.

He is bound to get the chop soon he has spent £400m and got them nowhere.

He has no real style or system and that will cost him.

I agree with Nineteen about Frank/Potter being a decent shout for them but they not do that.
    Potter will never get a job like that, he'll manage teams at the wrong end of the table. I think he's finished 16th and 17th in his last two seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Potter will never get a job like that, he'll manage teams at the wrong end of the table. I think he's finished 16th and 17th in his last two seasons.
    Oh yeah I agree but he is likely to finish down there with Brighton.

What he does have is a clear way of playing which is more than they have now.

Ole continues to speak about the "United way" how they used to play that is all well & good but your players are not as good as they were.

Thomas Frank is a manager to keep an eye on.

The decision to pick Konate yesterday, away at Old Trafford, is one of those mysteries that seems uncanny. I can never really get my head around the thought process. He obviously knows he’s very good but still

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Oh yeah I agree but he is likely to finish down there with Brighton.

What he does have is a clear way of playing which is more than they have now.

Ole continues to speak about the "United way" how they used to play that is all well & good but your players are not as good as they were.

Thomas Frank is a manager to keep an eye on.
    Solskjaer is a dead man walking, we may want him to continue but I'm sure their fans don't. It won't have gone unnoticed by his bosses that hundreds left In disgust at half time, and hundreds more followed when we got the 5th soon after. I just hope they don't go for Conte, it's OK Neville saying he isn't their type but he comes with a great pedigree, and one who has already won the premier league.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I don't think the filthy were actually that bad yesterday, they created some good positions but the final ball or finish let them down and we put every single chance we had bar one in the back of their net, you can have games likes that, I remember one in which we got tonked 4-0 or 5-1 by Chelsea a couple of decades back, we weren't great, but not that poor either, they weren't that great, but every chance they had they put away
    Their fans like to blame Ole, McTominay and Fred for defense and chance creation.
    They just can't handle the fact that their front 4 are lazy sods and not as creative as they like to think.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    teams are ALLOWED to create chances against us.. there are always 2 teams on the pitch. Its not our fault the opposition cant take them. winning is all that matters.. and guess this we havent lost game this season so far
    Well, this is pretty much a given. Nobody is suggesting anything different.

A few of us are simply countering the narrative that United are so bad. They really aren't. Also we were not fantastic yesterday either - IF you are a decent side and score with most of your chances you will get a good return - we did that - and that is about it. United had the opposite happen, they were pretty poor on the day in many areas yet still had very good chances to score. But the vitriol for them in the media is WAY ott.

IF they are truly that bad then we need to improve ourselves because as mentioned here by a few and as our own manager stated we got a few lucky breaks in that first half. We could easily have gone behind, then it is a very different game.

The truth as always is at neither end of the spectrum. We scored most of our early chances and they missed all of theirs - it happens and has happened to us before when we have been tonked but actually been fairly unlucky.

It is so easy to analyze after a game - you could highlight many instances where we were lax - Keita a couple of times gifted possession to United as we were committing men forward - only for them to do sweet FA with it - that won't always happen.

It's football and everyone likes to talk much buuulsheee'it afterwards....as though THEY know what the real causes are - as though THEY know more than Ole and his staff. I would wager that even he might just have a little more insight than many who are laughing at him.

The goldbridge highlight reel from yesterday

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2rGuRNIc9X8

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    The decision to pick Konate yesterday, away at Old Trafford, is one of those mysteries that seems uncanny. I can never really get my head around the thought process. He obviously knows he’s very good but still
    Rashford and Greenwood are quick but not insanely strong, plus Matip has been playing a lot.

Konate is an absolute beast and has recovery pace.

Still a balls-of-steel move though.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    The goldbridge highlight reel from yesterday

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2rGuRNIc9X8
    Tits on a nun...

Cheers for this CC