Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    This was after Mo scored his first apparently

Haaa, wow this isnt going to end well!
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    This was after Mo scored his first apparently

It looks like nothing else.

That is so bad

Bobby was superb for us also, great in the press and doing what Bobby does at his best nicking it off an opposing mids toes to one of our lads when coming back from behind them, but it was his link play I enjoyed the best, very quick and incisive, popping the ball off first time in practically every situation it came to him with his back to goal where teams have been smothering him and nicking it off him trying to turn the last season and a bit, he was doing everything quicker too, not too many touches and not dwelling too long on the ball before releasing it and getting caught with it

THAT is the Bobby I want to see every time he starts, they were all the adjustments he has needed to make for over a season since teams started really congesting that area and converging around him, great for us too, because if he can play like he did on Sunday every time he starts, teams will still be trying to smother him with a couple of players, into his feet, popped off first time, move and that's 2 players rendered ineffective

It was Jota's best all round game for us by a distance too, his link play, work rate and pressing has come on leaps and bounds and he put it all together and remembered where the goal was too

Trent was superb again, very unlucky not to score, very good making the play and in his pressing and in his delivery and link play, someone was whining at the one time Rashford breezed past him, Rashford's not a bad player, in most games he plays, whoever the RB is, he'll breeze past them at least once, Trent's defending has improved an awful lot, still plenty of room for improvement

Virgil was imperious as was Ali, they were all superb

I liked the midfield display, got played through 2 or 3 times, but that was a numbers thing like v Atletico when the different press that both full backs are part of in our own half and Bobby and Jota getting back after the opposition mids wasn't quite right. I loved the nicking the ball of toes to one of our own by Hendo and Bobby and our other midfielder involved expecting it, I prefer that tactical better positioned type of pressing al day long, it demonstrates the better pressing and positioning when you midfielders are nicking it off the opposition toes to each other rather than charging 15-20 yards to try and put in a crunching tackles.

I think one of the things a lot of our fans like and for me where and why quite a few lack appreciation of certain things is they love a crunching tackle in midfield, but in the press and counter press system we've always played under Jurgen, if you're having to run 15-20 yards to try and make a crunching tackle, much as you like how it looks and think that player is getting stuck in and making the difference, 'bossing midfield' (Cringe) that player actually isn't playing our system to anywhere near the required levels and their positioning and constant repositioning of themselves in alignment with all our other players positions just isn't where it needs to be or anywhere near it

Edit: On the nicking it front, our lads do always have to make sure the foot in or toe in to nick it to one of ours is firm enough, a good firm foot in or toe in, there have been 2 or 3 instances this season when it hasn't been firm enough
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 26th October 2021 at 08:52 AM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    It looks like nothing else.
    From 2 different games. The Ronaldo one was from yesterday but think it was to do with the united defenders being all over the place.

The kit on the player behind ole is different than yesterday’s kit

Ronaldo, Pogba... Ole simply can not control them

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    From 2 different games. The Ronaldo one was from yesterday but think it was to do with the united defenders being all over the place.

The kit on the player behind ole is different than yesterday’s kit
    Phelan's wearing red rather than black and the player stood by Ole is a sub waiting to come on too

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Marvelous

Quailteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee thanks for that Vin

I'm watching it again, we were superb and devastatingly clinical and got the rub of the green a couple of times, but the filthy weren't actually that bad, you could see them thrashing Spurs if they play like they did in period of the game against us, I mean I love to laugh at £80 million Maguire, but Eric Dier at CB, well, you have to expect to ship a fair amount of goals with him as first choice, the lad really is a carthorse

Again - they really were not that bad. We were absolutely ruthless in front of goal. Long may it continue.

That is actually what I have been desperate to see for a while now since Suarez left.

As for Spurs - It's like Dier has something 'Dire' on Levy. Managers come and go on a conveyor belt, yet he remains at the back simply 'cause he is shite in the middle.. hmm