Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2730313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Man Utd v Liverpool

United weren’t that bad? They were abysmal

They didn’t have a clue what they were supposed to be doing. Defenders running into each other, wide forwards not tracking back.

How many untracked runs did Keita go on?

I hope they are "not that bad" when they come to Anfield. We'll put another 5 past them, possibly more, like we should have done on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Quailteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee thanks for that Vin
    Fantastic "through the eye of a needle" pass, but the close control at speed from Salah is other-worldly. The finish isn't too shabby either.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    United weren’t that bad? They were abysmal

They didn’t have a clue what they were supposed to be doing. Defenders running into each other, wide forwards not tracking back.

How many untracked runs did Keita go on?
    That maybe so - but they managed some very decent chances against us first half and should have gone in front.

That goes in and you are all lamenting our back line which was wide open and wildly out of position. the difference - Fernandes didn't score.

I’ve just talked to a friend who’s a QPR fan. He said he doesn’t remember a dismantling of a team by the pundits which was so damning. Their play was abjectly bad. Like a weekend pub team as he put it.

Fernandes didn’t score, Steveo. That’s a part of how they played. I can’t see you being so kind to our team if we played anything like that -
    ‘we didn’t play that bad’

Pity I’m such a technophobe or I would post the vid Ihave just seen on Twitter, of the Ronaldo melee. Konate is an absolute beast, firstly Fernandes tries it on with him and Konate just moves him away but much funnier is Fred comes steaming in, it looks like an 8 year old boy losing his temper with his Dad, Konate brushes him away but as Fred then tries to rejoin the fracas, Konate just grabs him one handed and puts him back where he was.
    What a beast, such strength even one handed moving a Premier League midfielder away so easily, so dismissively.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    I’ve just talked to a friend who’s a QPR fan. He said he doesn’t remember a dismantling of a team by the pundits which was so damning. Their play was abjectly bad. Like a weekend pub team as he put it.

Fernandes didn’t score, Steveo. That’s a part of how they played. I can’t see you being so kind to our team if we played anything like that -

We beat them 5 nil. Leicester beat them 4-2 the week before. They scraped past Atalanta.
    I wish we had gone for more goals.

United aren't a bad squad. They actually have some excellent players. The fact they created a chance shouldn't take away from our performance at all. We stepped off it after the 5th. We could have (and probably) should have gone for 7 or 8
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

This one Miller?

I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post

Have done so many times when we have been heavily beaten. 7:2 v Villa is a classic example as was the 4:0 by City in 2020, for me another classic example.

It happens more often than many care to remember.

Have it your way - we did nothing special and United were just shocking. If that really is the case then we better make sure we are better v Brighton

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Have done so many times when we have been heavily beaten. 7:2 v Villa is a classic example as was the 4:0 by City in 2020, for me another classic example.

It happens more often than many care to remember.

Have it your way - we did nothing special and United were just shocking. If that really is the case then we better make sure we are better v Brighton
    Things will never be perfect though. Even during times of "progress", "improvement", "evolution" (call it whatever) there's challenges and sub par performances.
    One could argue that Villa did nothing special. 3 deflections and Adrian faffed at least two of their goals.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"