Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 293233343536373839

Thread: Match Thread : Man Utd v Liverpool

Konate is certainly a big old heavyweight unit. I read somewhere that he started his football career as a striker. Would certainly be interesting to see him as a number nine!
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Any more than five and I'm sure Ole would have gone before now.
    I believe we were able to rest many of our players, to a degree, for the last twenty to thirty minutes. There was far less intensity needed.
    I'm sure you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    This one Miller?

Fernandes shat his pants when he looked up and saw Konate and then quickly stopped trying to play the hard man, then Konate rag dolls Fred to one side like his a little child quality
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    That maybe so - but they managed some very decent chances against us first half and should have gone in front.

That goes in and you are all lamenting our back line which was wide open and wildly out of position. the difference - Fernandes didn't score.
    Fernandes didn't score because he had to take a touch and by the time he could strike it, Robbo was sliding across blocking any effort to the centre of goal and 2 would have covered the line and he only had were Big Bear was standing to aim at, so had to absolutely smash it to have the slightest chance of beating him, as all opposition players know

Fantastic "through the eye of a needle" pass, but the close control at speed from Salah is other-worldly. The finish isn't too shabby either.
    Mo's been working very hard at his game as ever, the season too many here were slating him, he was working really hard at his link play and ability to assist, but he has very clearly worked really fucking hard on being able to apply all types of finishes AND on using disguise in his finishing, he beats De Gea so easily for our fourth because he shapes his body as though he's going to do what he always used to do and hit it for the far top corner with his left and then makes that slight adjustment to the position of his foot at the moment he strikes it to pass it firmly and precisely into the bottom right hand corner, got to give him every credit, that is a lot of practice and time and work he has put into his game, the finish for his third to toe poke it and get that bit of lift having had a heavy second touch was sensational too and another example of his different types of finishing

Keita does the same for his goal, he shapes to go across De Gea and at the last split second changes his shape and the angle of his foot specifically to slide it home with ease

Booooooo!!!

This is great. It’s the best angle I’ve seen of the Henderson pass.

I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Booooooo!!!

This is great. It’s the best angle I’ve seen of the Henderson pass.

I watched this earlier today, it's quality all round, not enough "Ole's at the wheel" from our fans is the only thing it lacks

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Fernandes didn't score because he had to take a touch and by the time he could strike it, Robbo was sliding across blocking any effort to the centre of goal and 2 would have covered the line and he only had were Big Bear was standing to aim at, so had to absolutely smash it to have the slightest chance of beating him, as all opposition players know
    I would say because ‘he took’ a touch. Doesn’t need to at all. We are cut open, he just needs good contact on a strike to Alisson’s right or left and it’s in the net.

He was just in so much room he thought he had the time. Poor from Bruno that.

Cheers SB just logged on in my Costa break to see you had posted that, got to be the best one yet. Absolutely fantastic. The lads in the travelling Kop can’t have had many better days. Did us proud.

I always love those behind the scenes things..

Firmino's build up for the 3rd goal looks great from that angle