Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Preston (League Cup)

................Kelleher
    Gomez Philips Konate Tsimi
    ..........Neco Jones Ox
    ..........Mane Origi Taki

Mane to captain the side

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Musialowski in particular has huge potential and I really hope we are patient with him.
    I’d love to see him get a game as well. That said, I know very little about PNE nowadays, but Musialowski is a bit of a lightweight. Not sure he has the physic for the midfield role.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

From the offal:

Lijnders said: “Millie felt something, he felt something wasn’t right in his hamstring, a little bit tight.

“Then [Mason] Greenwood made this run and he decides, ‘I need to catch him’ – how Millie is, putting the team always first. And that created a bigger injury in that moment, that run.

“It shows a lot about his character and his will power to put the team first. This [injury] will be until the international break for sure, so it’s a long one. But we will need him in the coming period.

“My job title is assistant manager but I think you can give that job title to Millie as well. He connects the staff and the players in how he assists our manager. So, he has a role to play and he knows this, so all good. He needs to stay vocal, let me say it like this.

“Naby has a bruise in this moment, we assess it day by day. It’s looking good, so that’s good.

“Fabinho will not be ready for tomorrow’s game, we will assess him day by day still. He can make the game on Saturday hopefully.

“Then we have Thiago as well, who is closer to team training than ever. He will be later in the week with the team training. Probably Brighton comes too early but it’s good that he is back, especially in the situation we are in.”

On the availability of Kelleher, who was absent against United due to illness, “Not sure, he trained with the team but it seems he had a little setback so he probably will not be involved.”

With Thiago and Milner out and question marks over whether Keita and Fabinho will be fit for Brighton, I wouldn't play Hendo or Jones. Sounds like Kelleher may be missing too so it might have to be something like

Adrian
    Neco Konate Gomez Tsimikas
    Ox Morton Minamino
    Gordon Origi Mane

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    ................Kelleher
    Gomez Philips Konate Tsimi
    ..........Neco Jones Ox
    ..........Mane Origi Taki

Mane to captain the side
    Good to hear Keita is only dealing with bruising SB. And that others are on the way back, or so the press snippets suggest.

Id rather we put Alisson in for this game over Adrian. But Klopps does like to share out the lesser comp appearances to his backbup keepers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    One suspects there's bugger all wrong with Fab and he'll start v Preston and he was left out because he wasn't going to start and Jurgen didn't want 50 questions about it
    He was left out because he picked up an injury v Atleti but we kept it quiet in the run up to the Utd game
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    He was left out because he picked up an injury v Atleti but we kept it quiet in the run up to the Utd game
    Shhh, don’t spoil his wet dream that Klopp dropped him.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    Shhh, don’t spoil his wet dream that Klopp dropped him.
    I lol'd as the kids say

Kelleher

Gomez Konate Koumetio Tsimikas

Oxlade Fabinho Minamino

Gordon Origi Musialowski
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Kelleher

Gomez Konate Koumetio Tsimikas

Oxlade Fabinho Minamino

Gordon Origi Musialowski
    That lad who came on and played really well in the last Carabao tie should start at DM, can't remember his name, I'd maybe not start Konate 2 games in a row, I wouldn't start Matip or Virgil, they're our 3 top class Cbs for the league and Champions League, the Carabao isn't a comp for them, maybe Phillips and Gomez pairing, although, Gomez being at CB always makes me incredibly anxious, he's worse than Lovren was for having brain farts
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”