Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The UTTER demise of that shower of twazzocks.

Manager…

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    50m on Wan BIssaka
    You used to rave about AWB.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    They can start with defenders. The poor paupers, from memory (feel free to add more precise numbers if you can be bothered to Google, especially if I am way off with figures) have only managed -

- Nearly £20m on Dalot
    - Around £30-35m on Luke Shaw
    - Around £30-£35m on Lindelof
    - Around £30 on Bailly
    - Around £40m on Varane (needs time to be fair, I guess)
    - Around £80m on Maguire

That's around £230-£240m on defenders alone, never mind wages.

They are shockingly wasteful.
    + 10-15m on Telles

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    + 10-15m on Telles
    Flip.

So between him and Wan-Bissaka and the rest on my list, we're talking about approximately £300m of defenders in fees, without even considering wages.

It's the sheer amount of money they can fling that always made me have concerns about them should they ever get the board/manager/coach etc right as they should (Oil Clubs aside) just be the Bayern Munich of our League, which would be very depressing - and no doubt one day they will get things right and have success again, they're too well-supported and too big not to.

But by God, the interim spell of their swollen, bloated wastefulness does make for a good ol' giggle, with yesterday being a sweet tonic against years of spending the 90s and 00s watching their success.

We are such a lean, cohesive, well-run unit - we really are. No complacency, we have to keep improving (even more) but we shouldn't neglect just relishing being a Red at this time as this might be the best years some fans will ever have - and the fact the Mancs are a bit pants just happens to be the hundreds-and-thousands on a well-constructed ice-cream cone of footballing goodness.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Manager…
    Who signed Ronaldo though, Steveo? Was it the manager or is he hamstrung by his own club?

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Who signed Ronaldo though, Steveo? Was it the manager or is he hamstrung by his own club?
    Honestly, I have no idea who wanted to go for Ronaldo, could have been the fear of him going to Shitty or simply the whim of the owners, either way, a strong manager would simply not sanction it. Extremely doubtful that the club would buy a player that the manager is against signing.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Seeing Sir Alex looking devastated was also disheartening. They may get a decent manager at some point in time. Hope they don’t get that fella from Brentford
    I just wish he was still in charge for this.!!!
    .it pisses me off that i cant hate Ole.... but just the look of that old git gives me almost as bad a stomach churn as footage of Thatcher..

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I dont feel sorry for them at all.. Having lived through the 2000s and seeing all their success. Was very difficult to see.. If they never win another trophy it will be to soon..You just need to remember how Fergie behaved and how the likes of Clatternburg admitted the officials favoured them. They can well and truly fk off.
    It wasnt their success they were just cunts from top to bottom......I don't mind City....or even Chavlski.....but them with Ferguson made my skin crawl......

Can't wait for sports bar tonight to hear that big ed big haired twat Goldstein get knocked off his perch

The season will have many twists and turns yet..

Enjoy the moment für shü'er but I wouldn't be jumping around on their demise just yet.