Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our Captain

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Where was Fabinho today ?
    Allegedly out with a knock sustained in the 3-2 over Atletico that none of us who watched the game saw him get, more likely with his more erratic charging towards the ball and leaving huge gaping gaps in the centre so far this season Jurgen decided not to play him and rather than have 50 questions about why not, decided 'having a minor knock' was the best reason for him not to be included
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Tbh I think fabinho has looked very leggy and robotic so far this season.
    Not quite up to the previous season levels.
    What a fantastic player.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Allegedly out with a knock sustained in the 3-2 over Atletico that none of us who watched the game saw him get, more likely with his more erratic charging towards the ball and leaving huge gaping gaps in the centre so far this season Jurgen decided not to play him and rather than have 50 questions about why not, decided 'having a minor knock' was the best reason for him not to be included
    Tbf and I do get your point about fab. He can be erratic. But he did well v atletico. We were getting ran through in first half before he came on. He’s good when he has specific instructions to sit and obeys them. Valuable member of the squad imho.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Tbf and I do get your point about fab. He can be erratic. But he did well v atletico. We were getting ran through in first half before he came on. He’s good when he has specific instructions to sit and obeys them. Valuable member of the squad imho.
    I agree with that, when we had to play as we did last season because of injuries and he just sat, stayed pretty much in his 20x20 yard area in front of the 2 Cbs with discipline I might add, I thought he did an absolutely fantastic job, he wasn't doing his destroyer charging into areas we already had 2 other players on top of things and giving opposition players easy balls out of the situation they wouldn't have had if he'd stayed in his area and picked up the player there.

I think one of the issues with Fab comes specifically when we play our high pressing game and he plays a lot higher, and there's a lot more space behind him and the CBs, the Fab issues only started when we pushed our line higher about half way through his first season, because he's not a true midfielder and he doesn't scan and have his head on swivel and doesn't read the game well enough, he's reactive rather than pro-active, if we're deeper, there's no issue. but playing higher as we do at our very best, it's a problem

Against Atletico we did make tweaks to stop the 5v3 overload Simeone was springing on our midfield time and time again when our attacks broke down to stop that happening second half, so the second half improvement wasn't that much to do with Fab's introduction, but he did play a very disciplined role in that deeper sitting position, it was more down to keeping one of the forwards wide and them tracking back and one of the full backs (opposite) half advanced, quick to press and Hendo who is much better defensively than Naby on the right, they weren't coming through the centre, they were releasing players from wide positions mostly
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Look we know you dont rate Fabinho but seriously he is easily in our best midfield 3.

Klopp is a world class manager he wouldnt keep picking him if useless.

As for this he got a knock but I didnt see it where does that come from ?

He would 100% be on the bench if fit he IS injured clearly.

Matip/Mane didnt play either maybe close to red zone injuries or whatever they call it but things are done with science/medical team.

No team can pick the same players every game its not possible.

Also as its about Henderson he is a great player for us and was superb yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    He's fooking class.

In our infamous win v barca he was immense.
    He's been at centreback versus pacey forwards and been brilliant. He wins his headers, contributes the odd goal and assist from the 6 position and has been Klopps preferred 6 since he arrived into the team. He gets stuck in
    There's a good reason why Klopp picks Fabinho and Hendo in our best 11 when all are fit.