Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: This Weekend’s Other Games 30/10/21

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I STILL can't believe a fair few here advocated our signing him I told you all pretty comprehensively he was a shitter and I know a thing or two about defenders
    You are unique that is for sure.

You bigged up Schurrs for a while now he is collecting splinters on the Ajax bench !

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Probably the same people that are over positive about everything, and glad wij was leaving and not thinking he needed to be replaced....
    I couldn't believe that you know, Wij was drastically underrated, can't believe some were glad to see the back of him AND advocated not replacing him with a player of similar qualities
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    You are unique that is for sure.

You bigged up Schurrs for a while now he is collecting splinters on the Ajax bench !
    Let's get him in, great player, 180 minutes 1v1 with Mane and Mane getting nothing, we should be on red alert, ship Joe out on loan to Norwich or something with an option to make the deal permanent

Let's get him in, great player, 180 minutes 1v1 with Mane and Mane getting nothing, we should be on red alert, ship Joe out on loan to Norwich or something with an option to make the deal permanent
    So a man not good enough for the Dutch league is good enough for us ?

Perhaps we should hire you to teach him some actual defending !

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    So a man not good enough for the Dutch league is good enough for us ?

Perhaps we should hire you to teach him some actual defending !
    He was outstanding when I saw him play, maybe managerial disagreements are the reason, although I haven't watched him over numerous games like I did Konate

Teach them some actual defending? Schuurs no problem, the lad's got ability, Gomez? Well, you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear, a season's loan at a struggling club he'll have to do loads and loads of real defending at would be my recommendation as it was prior to last season starting

West Ham 1-0 up

I STILL can't believe a fair few here advocated our signing him I told you all pretty comprehensively he was a shitter and I know a thing or two about defenders
    You said to keep him if we get Konate in.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    You said to keep him if we get Konate in.
    I'm quite sure I said he wasn't a Jurgen type of defender and didn't have any of the attributes Jurgen looks for in a CB, clearly displayed in Matip and Virgil and now Konate

I may have made a joke comment along the lines of keep him as back up on loan if it means we can send Gomez out on loan, or sign him as back up and send Gomez out on loan if we can make a profit on him when the market picks up

I've detailed at length the attributes I think a CB needs to have for our team and that I believe Jurgen also looks for, which seems clear and he doesn't have any of them, so I would be astonished if I had said any such thing, unless in jest

I'm quite sure I said he wasn't a Jurgen type of defender and didn't have any of the attributes Jurgen looks for in a CB, clearly displayed in Matip and Virgil and now Konate

I may have made a joke comment along the lines of keep him as back up on loan if it means we can send Gomez out on loan, or sign him as back up and send Gomez out on loan if we can make a profit on him when the market picks up

I've detailed at length the attributes I think a CB needs to have for our team and that I believe Jurgen also looks for, which seems clear and he doesn't have any of them, so I would be astonished if I had said any such thing, unless in jest
    Nope. You said keep him as long as we sign Konate.

I couldn't believe that you know, Wij was drastically underrated, can't believe some were glad to see the back of him AND advocated not replacing him with a player of similar qualities
    Who are these people ?

I gather doc or legs(not sure which one) maybe didn't rate Gini too highly, but I'm pretty sure he suggested signing a replacement.