Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232627282930313233

Thread: Match Thread : Liverpool v Brighton

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Thiago has struggled with the pace of the game. You don't get time on the ball in England. Teams either press the shit out of you. or they sit deep then press the shit out of you when you get close to their back and give you no time to play. Firmino for all his obvious quality in the 7 years hes been with us. Still struggles when hes under pressure and loses the ball way to often.

Keita may as well just not bother. he obviously cant stretch his leg without something popping. I feel sorry for the lad in a way that he doesnt want these injuries. But thats not helpful for the club..
    I'm sure he doesn't want those injuries, but when he's fit, apart from the rare goal he contributes very little. He isn't the player we expected him to be, but he's not the first to have that said about him, and he won't be the last.

yeah hes never quite done it, shame really. anyway best sleep night
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Elliot played as a spare midfielder between the midfield and forwards. basically an attacking midifelder with licence to roam.

all we have for the main midfielders right now is Henderson and who? Keita Fabinho Thiago and Milner all them are injury prone.
    and i honestly think we do better with 3 solid midfielders. nothing spectacular. But we dominated the midfield area with Fabinho/Henderson and Wijnadlum.. My issue now is second half games we dont have the strength to be able dominate in the midfield.. means your players have to run more and that leads to spaces. Against Man-united we didnt really play with a left player.. Mane was dropped so we played narrowish on that side. That allowed Jota to help in midfield..
    You need to direct your question at Jurgen mate.

Im just saying we are playing with more attacking intent which we are.

We are scoring so far at 3 goals a game but the defence isnt as solid

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    You need to direct your question at Jurgen mate.

Im just saying we are playing with more attacking intent which we are.

We are scoring so far at 3 goals a game but the defence isnt as solid
    Klopp made a point of game management before iirc, he needs to bang it into them again.

I don't like Mike Dean reffing our games, I thought he was as poor as ever today and I think because he is from the Liverpool area and doesn't want to be seen as favouring us in anyway, he takes it completely the opposite way.

Today he
    Gave Brighton the kind of soft free kicks for going to ground feigning injury without sufficient contact and with no contact in some instances that refs are supposed to not be giving and haven't been giving as a rule

Let Oxlade get fouled by a couple of their players, then when Oxlade got free of both and we had a significant advantage from that, blew his whistle

Still not convinced there is compelling and clear evidence the ball hits Mane's arm, but, we got the benefit of a couple v City and this season so far has been pretty decent refereeing and VAR wise without the raft of stitch ups we suffered last season so no real complaints about that

All in all, having watched the extended highlights and getting a better view than the poxy stream on small screen I watched the game on we only had ourselves to blame, the failure to invest in another No6 who can play LCM or RCM controller as when necessary in the summer cost us points today, the game changed when Naby had to go off and unlike in most games this season in attack, we were very wasteful today, lots of poor decision making from the forwards and 2 or 3 from Robbo

Most notably after Brighton's equaliser Robbo made a double error for, when Hendo fed him in space inside left a little deep and burst into the box along with Mo, both in positions to connect with the short low ball in they were looking for from Robbo ahead of their defenders in a 2v2 but both our lads in the box seat, and Robbo plays it wide to fucking Ox, there were a few instances from other players when it was on all day long to play a low ball into the centre and they went wide, something Jurgen commented on specifically post match also. A couple that were played in Mo took a touch on, when he could have and the last few weeks would have hit first time for the bottom left, defender might have got something on it, it might have sneaked past them and if it had, it's a goal

Bad day at the office, Brighton are our Premier League Atletico the last 2 seasons, Potter seems able to give Jurgen real problems he struggles to get on top of, surely top of the list for the filthy job
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”