Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 13161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Liverpool v Brighton

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    If Henderson (playing as the 6) would just sit every now and again we'd not be having this discussion. All 3 midfielders go chasing the ball and leave that massive gap. It happens far more when Fab isn't in the team.
    Agree just park on the centre circle and survey situation. Henderson is a good presser but not defensive 360 aware

What a player that reece james is becoming for chelsea.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    If Henderson (playing as the 6) would just sit every now and again we'd not be having this discussion. All 3 midfielders go chasing the ball and leave that massive gap. It happens far more when Fab isn't in the team.
    It happens most when Fab plays, he goes charging way out of his area left and right when we already have a 2v1 against a player too when he has absolutely no need to leaving the middle wide open time and time again, correct if I'm wrong, but Brighton didn't play through the centre of us in the game I watched, it was down either side, positioning of the RCM and LCM not being there to support the full backs and for them to take their positions off
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Bissouma had a great game today for the hour he was on.

I was all for him coming here but I guess we have to see what happens after his incident in Brighton.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    It happens most when Fab plays, he goes charging way out of his area left and right when we already have a 2v1 against a player too when he has absolutely no need to leaving the middle wide open time and time again, correct if I'm wrong, but Brighton didn't play through the centre of us in the game I watched, it was down either side, positioning of the RCM and LCM not being there to support the full backs and for them to take their positions off
    Henderson was horrendous. He is never ever a 6. Good 8 presser

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post

I was all for him coming here but I guess we have to see what happens after his incident in Brighton.
    He was playing LFC he came back for this game..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post

We need a athletic beast like that. He just took the game away from us. Brighton had 2 in mid. We had 4 if i include Firmino and we lost the battle. My Gosh that was terrible. We really need a box to box workhorse. No 1 of our players are that.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    Henderson was horrendous. He is never ever a 6. Good 8 presser
    Yes because in our title winning season he wasn't instrumental in that position at all and we didn't win every single game he played there and we weren't far FAR better than we have ever been or ever will be with Fab headless chicken in the centre

You might want to check the records in the League and Champions League when Hendo starts there and Fab's, you'll find Hendo's much better

You might want to watch some games and look at how No6's constantly scan and look what's on and potentially on, where the potential runners are and how they position themselves in a pressing game too, Fab doesn't do any of those things, he is VERY good if we're playing a deeper line and the other 2 midfielders deeper in more close support of him and he only has to sit in the centre and 'react' as that all he does, he's not a remotely proactive player and everything is in front of him, the defender converted to a midfield destroyer (just cannot call him a No6 or DM) that he is
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 30th October 2021 at 05:20 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Lamptey and Bissouma will play at bigger clubs soon.

Quote Originally Posted by fiordearg View Post
    We need to win the cl group quickly and concentrate on the league til feb
    6 wins, 4 draws, 3 points off top, top of Champion's League group and going well in the League Cup. Could be better of course by turning one or 2 of those draws into wins, but we're still really good.